Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Summin' up the School Year

The last week of school was a doozey of week! So busy with talent shows, class parties, water day, field trips, programs, etc. The girls had a good school year. I cannot believe how fast it flew by. Here are a few pictures that will sum up the school year!

This is Donnie, Aubrin and Lizzy. Donnie was the only other kid that rode the bus with Aubrin this year; this big old bus with 2 little munchkins on it. They became quite good friends keeping each other company. Lizzy is another one of Aubrin's friends. She made so many this year. She gets along with everyone. It is so cute to see her interact with so many kids on the playground.

This is Mrs. Powell and Aubrin. She is the teacher's aide. Aubrin drew her, I am sure, a book worth of pictures and notes over the year. She thinks it is too cool that her teacher lives in our neighborhood and has already (since school has been out) asked if we could ride bikes over to her house to hang out. Mrs. Powell did invite her over, but I am sure she will feel a need to file harassment charges or a restraining order before summers end. Aubrin loved her!

This is Mrs. O'Neil with my Aubrin. She was a good teacher. Aubrin LOVED going to school. It says something about the teacher when your kids do not want to miss a day! She learned so much and was so excited to learn how to read. She is ready for kindergarten!!

Last Wednesday was the "Goin' Buggy" performance. Brooklyn was the caterpillar. She did an amazing job learning her part. The day she got the part she came home and walked through the door and just collapsed in my arms in tears. After asking her what was going on she told me that she got the part as the caterpillar and that it was a speaking part! She immediately grabbed the phone and wanted me to call Mrs. Mell and tell her she couldn't do it. We all tried to convince her that she should do it and finally after going to school and talking with the music teacher she agreed to. I was so proud of her for going out of her comfort zone, learning the part, wearing a funny costume (her words...oh, the fear!) and nailing her part! Go Brooklyn!

My little bug!

This is Ms. Anderson. Words can't describe the love that Brooklyn has for her. She was awesome! I think it was her teaching that got Brooklyn so into playing school at home. She was such a sweet teacher and always willing to give a kid a hug which Brooklyn just ate up!

School Party. Reagan got to join in!


Kristen was in the talent show this year with her class playing the recorder. Remember playing them in school? The performance was really creative. I was figuring they would get up there, toot their little horns (technically not a horn), but they had music with it and moved along with the music while they played. They did a good job!

This is Ms. Hall with my soon to be 5th grader! I cannot believe that I have a 5TH GRADER! Kristen really enjoyed having Ms. Hall. She was a right fit for Kristen. She challenged her and motivated her to do better. I loved that.

Well, another one bites the dust! Next year I will have three in school all day! It will just be Reagan and I. Poor little thing, she will not know what to do without Aubrin. She had a hard enough time having her gone for half of the day. Here we come kindergarten, 3rd grade and 5th!

4 comments:

Katie said...

It really was such a great school year! I'm so happy that Katelynn and Brooklyn will once again be together. I fear the day they don't have the same teacher. Can you imagine??
You have such cute girls!!

Chelley said...

Your girls are so beautiful and fun! What a great bunch you have!

kh said...

Fun year!

Anonymous said...

I love my neices! Too darn cute!

-Beth