Saturday, May 2, 2009

Birthday Memories

Love, love, love this picture of Dad. He is the cutie patootie on the right.

Tomorrow, the 3rd, would have been my Dad, Rudy's 61st birthday. I wish I could pick up the phone and send my birthday wishes to him. My Dad wasn't a phone talker, but I enjoyed every conversation I had with him when we did have a chance to chat. Far too often we would talk for a few minutes, he would throw out his joke of the day and then like clock work he would say, "Well, Erin, I love you, but I have nothing else to say!" Now, when I talk to Mom, even though the conversation might have been over an hour, we every once in awhile end it with this good old quote from Dad. Far too often I wish I could just pick up the phone and ask him a question. He was my go-to guy for answers, seemed like he always had the right ones. Even if they weren't, they were in my eyes. Oh how I love and miss that man!

I love you guys too, but I have nothin' else to say!

3 comments:

Hiatt Family said...

Ha ha, that is cute that he would say that. I'm sorry you lost him so young. I hope that you have an ok day!

Katie said...

That was a perfect birthday tribute! I can relate to those feelings of wanting to pick up the phone. Next month will mark 6 years since we lost my dad and although it is easier, there are certainly times that my heart aches to be with him and talk with him.

Anonymous said...

Perfect! I feel the same way. Jake said he wanted to get Old Spice the other day because it reminds him of Pappaw. I remember him doing that to me too. Or...he would say, "don't you want to talk to your mother?" He was such a "cute" boy! -Beth