Thursday, April 23, 2009

Weighing In [April]

Swimming Suit season is on its way--YIKES!!


It has been awhile since I posted a {weight} update. I thought it was due time for one. It actually got me thinking about my progress because I really haven't been lately. That is not to say that I am not working out and sticking with it. I actually had to look back at my calendar to see where I was with my weight at which time because I really have lost track. I was pleasantly surprised especially without my weekly weigh-ins in full force. I do think weekly weigh ins forced me to work harder!

This year (from January to Present) I have lost 7 pounds (+/- 16 weeks). So, a little under a half a pound a week. Nothing to write home about, but I am proud to say I am not gaining it back. That puts my total weight lost to date to 76 pounds since January 2008 and 116 pounds since April of 2006.

I knew at the beginning of the year that this last bit of weight would be a longer process. I am sure the journey would be shorter if I would go back to the way I was eating back at the start of this. I have allowed alot more splurges the last couple months. I try to balance it out with exercise and the other foods I eat, but I know if I would control it a bit more, I could jump start this weight loss thing again.

I am still exercising 5-6 days a week. I am noticing that I am getting stronger. I even challenged myself to do the 30-Day Shred video again. This time I did all 3 phases back to back. Needless to say it kicked me in the tail! I was proud of myself for trying it and accomplishing it. I am noticing a difference in my endurance. I still have the desire to run. Still have the bum knee. I even have gone out and run a bit in the neighborhood in spite of the doctors orders (and Ryan's). Not too smart of me, but dang it, I want to RUN!!

I need to set a goal, but I really do not know where to set it. A few more pounds would be awesome, but I am getting to the point where the scale isn't the only thing I am looking at as far as my progress goes. So...


I am going to keep on keepin' at it!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Love the updated sidebar!! I think you are doing great! You realize that you made your major goal and now allow yourself to "indulge" on things here and there. But I know you still have a great deal of will power and are amazing!!

You are the best! Thank you for your example to me!!

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

Way to go Erin! No matter what the number, you are being consistent.and like you said, you know a few little tweaks would change that half a pound a week no prob. As far as a new goal, maybe don't set it at a body weight, maybe make it a lifting weight(like curling 12 or 15lbs for ex.) or amount of reps of something you want to be able to do.Maybe its 50 pushups?Doing the plank for a minute straight?Focus on strength and the numbers on the scale will work their own magic :)

Colette Goodman said...

Keep up the good work. Sometimes it is hard, but getting back into a swimsuit is always a good reason to exercise.
Red and White for my kitchen and brown, red, and cream for my family room.

Missy said...

First of all, Erin, that cartoon is hilarious!! LOL

Second of all, we are going through the same thing! I think it's a little of trying to find a balance. Now that we are working out full force (wow, that you did all three at the same time!) we can allow ourselves to enjoy some of the foods we love. And isn't it about feeling good? If we like a food, shouldn't we be able to enjoy it? Yes, we do feel better when we eat right, but come on, we are human and enjoy some junk every once in a while. The exercise is WAY important at this point. To keep us focused on how far we've come, make us see how strong we are, and give us inpirations to say no a little more often than we used to. Also, since we are working so hard we don't have to feel as guilty when we do overeat! Sorry,I've gone on. You're doing awesome! Do you ever some up here? maybe for the 24th? I don't even know if you have family here. we have a 5k and 10k during the celebrations. :o)

kh said...

Erin have you ever considered fast walking or sprint walking, or whatever they call it. I know some do that over running and they get so good, and so fast that it looks (and feels) like they are running.

Lindsey Springfield said...

you are awesome and an inspiration! just as long as you are healthy and you go by the way you feel and how your clothes feel that's all that matters. I know your pain though! i wanna loose 10 more pounds and the stupid scale won't move! sometimes i think the scale is jinked!.. but muscle weighs alot too! gotta remember you are gaining muscle. keep on keeping on.