Thursday, February 19, 2009

{Weight} a Minute

I have decided to do an update post on how I have been doing on my journey to a new me. Maybe, I will just do a post every month or so to give everyone the low down on my weight loss and progress. I spaced the {Weight Watching Wednesday} yesterday and was just too busy to do it. Unless anyone shows interest in that, I will probably do away with it. I am going to continue to check in with Kristy and her Fit Fridays (link on my sidebar). If you want some good advice check in with her weekly.

I have been moving along at a steady pace. I had a rough go for a bit (was physically not feeling that great) and I put off weigh ins for a couple of weeks in fear of what I would see when I jumped on the scale. This past week I stepped it up and when I weighed in this morning, I was a pound less. So that puts me at 71 pounds lost! I am continuing to exercise on a regular basis and I am still choosing wiser in the food department. I am no longer as hard core as I originally was and I am allowing myself more splurges, but I am feeling really good about what I have been doing.

This morning I went to get my hair done. I had some red highlights added per the request of my hubby. He never has much to say about my hair other than to "not cut it too short", but since he actually wanted me to change it, I thought I would try it. The red is subtle and maybe next round we will go with a bit more red. I am loving it.

Another momentous occasion was getting a new pair of jeans. To actually categorize this as an occasion worthy of note is pretty cool. In the past it would have been put in the same category as major surgery without anesthetic or broken limbs of some sort. I HATED jean shopping (still don't love it, but it is tolerable now). I tried on a new size and they fit! I haven't seen this size in over a decade, heck, a decade and a half. So, I know I am making progress even though I am not dropping weight like crazy. This is the size I wore the year I graduated from High School. I am thrilled beyond words!!

I really have been thinking about how far I want to take this and to be honest, I am happy. If I don't lose another pound, I will be totally satisfied with where I am at and how far I have come. It would be nice to see another 6 pounds go, just to see it on the scale, but if it doesn't, I will be content and happy with me. I have decided to erase all knowledge of BMI charts, etc. from my mind. The weight they say I should be is about 10 pounds heavier than I was when I was in elementary school and another 15 or so pounds from where I am today. I am going to be realistic here! I am going to continue to exercise to be stronger, tone up and to maintain and if I lose another few pounds, than so be it!


New hair color and "the" jeans!!


10 comments:

Mandy said...

You should feel great about how you look! What a great accomplishment to have lost so much and kept it off and stuck with it for so long. You look amazing! Such an inspiration to the rest of us! Can't wait to see your hair up close. You ar beautiful!

Katie said...

LOVE the red high lights! CONGRATS on the new size! You have done amazing and it shows!!

Lindsey Springfield said...

You look awesome! you have done an amazing job... so glad I can see all the transformations. :o)

kh said...

Bravo! Bravo! BRAVO!

Are you ready for your up close and personal photo shoot? I am ready when you are.

You sizzle! Ouch! :0)

House of Huckaby said...

Ok Ms. Sexy Mamma!!
Erin, I am so proud of you!! You look beautiful and so happy. From someone who has struggled with her weight my entire life I get the jeans thing. I went to buy a pair of jeans last week and found myself smaller than in high School. I started to cry how crazy a number can make you. Congrats on such a wonderful accomplishment!! WAY TO GO!!

Hiatt Family said...

You look so great! Hey, I would love if you would post tips on what to do when you are majorly craving sugar. I've been craving it all the time lately...to the point where I just want to make a batch of cookie dough and eat the whole thing and stuff like that. I don't do it but I think about it all day. Did you ever do that? Do you have any tips for me?
P.S. Your hair looks awesome!

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

I just have to say you look Awesome!!!

Missy said...

You're lookin' pretty dang hot in those jeans! I love it. :o) And I know you feel good, too. You can just see it. That is what people don't get. When they are overweight, they THINK they are OK, but they could be so much better, healthier, stronger. It is so much work, but to feel this good is so worth it. Way to go!

Jacey said...

Lookin' good! You can see the difference in your appearance and by the "look" on your face. You seem so happy and vibrant. Way to go! I LOVE buying new jeans now too!

Suz said...

Okay.... I'm ready. What do you eat. When do you exercise. How can I look like that?!