You know I am doing better than I had ever thought possible. It is strange how two years can pass and I still have moments where I just can't believe he is not here with us. I used to think that I wouldn't be able to deal. My father continues to enter my mind on so many occasions. Little things out of the blue just touch me. Most of the time when I am alone or even watching t.v in the late hours of the evening. Today at church in Primary, the kids worked on a big crossword puzzle and I had to smile at the thought of my Dad. He loved crossword puzzles. I even have one I sent him that he was working on that I kept. I loved that it has his handwriting in it and just seeing it reminds me of the times he would visit and we would sit and work on one from the paper.
I am blessed beyond measure to have had my Dad in my life. He worked so hard for our family and was always there for us whenever we needed him. He was a true example of integrity and just had a special way of touching those he came in contact with. There was never any wavering in his beliefs and was not afraid to stand up for what he believed and was able to do it with such grace that he was able to touch the hearts of so many while he was here.
I am thankful that he was able to be with me in so many momentous occasions as I have grown; baptism, graduation, wedding and with my children. I am glad I was able to see the joy on his face when he held my children and see how truly proud he was of his family. I only hope that I can pass on that same love to my children.
My High School graduation in 1994
My baptism day in 1984
Miss you Dad!


9 comments:
What a sweet post! I love all the pictures of him on special days. Kristen was so young :)
I find great comfort in those "little things" that remind me of my Dad. They are so special.
Hope your girls are feeling better!
I Loved your story about your dad. It made me cry. That is the sweetest thing to remember. The pictures are wonderful. Hope all is doing well.
I can only imagine getting that phone call. Isn't it amazing how the spirit just takes over and carries you through these tough times? We are so blessed to have the knowledge of the great plan of happiness and to know that life extends beyond the veil :)
I am so sorry that you have to deal with the loss of your dad. I love that you kept one of his crossword puzzles. I love special memories like that. Even just the little things about someone can be so special.
Wow Erin, what a hard thing to experience. I know it's when times like that come the spirit really helps to comfort us. I love the pictures and stories of your dad. What a tribute to him. You're a tribute to him.
How sweet. very kind words & memories!
what a beautiful post. he sounds like a great guy!
Hey, Could I get your email address? I am going to go private (probably this weekend) & would like to invite you. Lindsey
Now HOW did I miss this one?
I remember that morning too. I was crushed for you. I am still crushed. I am so sorry this had to happen to your wonderful family.
He's probably up there right now doing a crossword puzzle! I loved that memory. That's one to cherish.
Take Care my dear friend.
Post a Comment