Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Laid to Rest

Yesterday was symbolic. It was two years yesterday that my Dad was laid to rest in West Virginia. Boy, it has been a roller coaster ride for our family. There has been so much that has happened within that time and we all really have come out stronger even through the trials. I really feel that my Dad has had a hand in many things and feel his love surround me often.

February 24, 2007
Flanagan Hill Cemetery

I really have to mention my sister Kari and how strong she has become this past year. She most likely will not be reading this, but I could not fail to mention her accomplishments and her victories. I am thrilled. Yesterday was a big day for her. She had an extremely hard time when Dad passed away. She really hit a low. I think it is amazing how she has taken full responsibility and how very hard she worked to get back her life. There are no words to express how happy I am for her. I am looking forward to the day when I can get to know my sister again and for that day when she will have a strong relationship with my daughters.

So, yesterday was symbolic and a day worthy of note. The day my Dad was laid to rest and also the day my sister was able to lay to rest some things and move in the right direction.

SO HOPEFUL!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful post Erin! Though I don't know her--I am happy for Kari too.

kh said...

I like that picture of her. Is that a plane (thingy) she's sitting in? Nice idea!

There is so much closure that can stem from the passing of a loved one. I am glad for her, she's on the right path.

I think it's neat your 'ancestors' have their own hill. Is your heritage strong Irish?

Lisa said...

It always amazes me the things that happen in our lives and how death can have such an effect on us. I am so happy for Kari and for you. I know how much you have prayed for her and how everything has effected you. Such a momentas day! We love you!

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

ahh..that is a sad but then a happy post. I know your dad watches over you all. Got to love the gospel for all the knowledge it gives us with regards to those we love who have passed on. And..good for your sister. I can only imagine that is not an easy thing to get passed. You all are strong individuals to have gotten through an event like passing of your sweet dad.