I love how some of those little ryhmes and riddles that we all grew up singing in school are still holding strong. I think it is funny how they think it is new and cool. Who hasn't sat across from a friend clapping hands and singing "Miss Mary Mack" or playing "Bubble Gum Bubble Gum in a Dish"? It is also funny how new songs and slang are born too.
This morning as I was getting the kids ready for school, we were talking about Aubrin riding the bus and how she is one of the only two kids riding her bus to the half day kindergarten program. There is a little boy and the bus driver who is man. Of course, her sisters had to throw in some taunting words like," Ewwww, Aubrin, do you kiss him?" to which she replies, "You better be quiet or I will karate chop you!".
And then my eyes were opened and I learned new kid's slang. She turns to me and says, "Yeah, Mom, it is just the three of us and I am boy trapped!" Call me out from the dark, I had never heard this before. It made me smile especially as they tried to explain the whole thing to me going in detail about when a girl sits between two boys and how they are boy trapped and vise versa. As if I didn't understand the whole concept, they concluded my slang tutorial with, "You know Mom, like Dad, he is totally girl trapped!"
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
That is too funny....thanks for a great laugh ;o) Your girls are so cute! I know Ryan loves all of his girls. I have 5 sisters and 1 brother, so I guess my brother (and dad) were totally girl locked too!
I too have never heard that, oh I cant wait until Andrew brings home some interesting words and comments. Remember way back when at girls camp we had a song book made and all the fun songs in there. Random thought i know. I have no idea if all those songs are sang because i have never been back to girls camp since those many years ago..but since you were talking about ryhmes I thought i would talk about songs! :)
Wouldn't you know that when I was talking with my sister this afternoon that I messed up the slang all together. Maybe I did need it explained to me! Aubrin informed me that it wasn't "boy locked", it was "boy trapped". Locked, trapped, you get the jest.
Angela, I do remember the YW songs and they still do sing some of the ones from back when. They have added a few that I have not heard before.
Marcor is totally girl trapped... until dad comes home. But even then, we definately have them out numbered.
Too funny, gotta love kids :)
Oh that's funny. Mitch is so girl crazy it's about ready to drive me nuts. Rob keeps telling him chill he'll be ready run later on down the road. HA! How do you make your toppers? They are so cute.
Your girls are so darling and can I just say DANG Erin you look amazing! Way to go on sticking to your 08 resolution!
Why did you change it??? Why?
Oh and are you in the 50's??? Have you decided on a weight loss plan yet? Updates, please! :0)
Post a Comment