Monday, December 8, 2008

"Night in Bethlehem"

Saturday was our Ward Christmas Party. They did a "Night in Bethlehem". We started by paying our taxes with can food items and went into the chapel for instructions. We were then given silver and gold to purchase our food and drinks. They had set up a tailor shop (for those not dressed up), toy shop and various food shops. The idea was for it to look like an open market. They did a super job decorating. We all threw our blankets out and had dinner on the floor. It was not the easiest thing to do with kids and maneuvering around people. The program was done well and the food was good in spite of the mess factor (sloppy joe pitas and chicken legs).

You know a couple of years ago we were total Ward Party dodgers. We rarely went. I guess the best way to get us to go is to ask us to do something for it. I was asked to sing, "The Savior of the World" and Ryan was the Centurion. HAHAHAHA! Still cracks me up. Wouldn't you know I forgot my camera. I will post more pictures as I get them. I am hoping I get one of Ryan in his Roman Soldier costume from someone. That leather skirt made his white legs killer! HAHAHA!

Here are a few pictures courtesy of my personal photographer Kristen Hansen (THX!)





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful. You would make a perfect Mary. I cannot believe Ryan dressed up. I want to see the white legs. ha
Love you

kh said...

Oh Beth! You missed out! Ryan's legs were killer! It took all my strength not to laugh out loud! JK. He rocked and made one-heck-a-va Centurion.

Your sister is beautiful. She has the face of an angel. So does that little one by her. She did awesome during her song. If I weren't surrounded by my heathen children I would have stood and applauded.

Erin, you give me chills! You are so talented!

(Sorry Ryan looks like an ummpa loompa in that pic. The lighting was not so good.)

Katie said...

You both did a great job! I have a picture of Ryan with Mason, but it doesn't show the legs and he also is lacking the hat. Still, a cute picture!

All you had to do was ask. We could and would have taken shots of both of you. Your whole family looked great!

You have wonderful in-laws to come and sit with the kids.

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Wow..sounds like a fun ward party. Ours are not so great, not even so good. :( You look great. You didnt know you sang, you should post a video of you singing, GREAT IDEA!!! So we can all get chills!!

Mandy said...

You guys look great! I'm so glad Kristen took pictures. Sorry we missed it. Looked like a lot of fun!