Thursday, December 18, 2008

Friday Night Lights

The Christmas season is just not the same without a trip to the Arizona temple to view the lights. This year we were able to go with Ryan's family. Jayna was in town from Oregon with her kiddos and Bret and Ari were able to join in too along with Ryan's parents. They are in town until the end of the year and will be able to be here during Christmas before they head back to Brazil to finish up their mission in the Campinas Temple.

We went Friday. It was perfect timing. It wasn't
too crowded yet and it was nice to see all the new stuff they added from last year. The kids love the lights, but especially love being with their cousins. I love nights like this!








4 comments:

kh said...

Okay SAD! I am almost crying over here! I cannot imagine losing my husband 10 days before Christmas leaving me with 5 kids! Wowza! Mike is out of town this week, that totally puts it into perspective for me. (minus one kid.)

What a fun night. We haven't been yet. Fingers crossed we get there before they take them down. Love the temple lights!

Erin Flanagan Woods said...

To top if off, it was the oldest boys birthday on the 15th. Can you imagine loosing your Dad on your birthday? He is taking it the hardest. It is sad anytime of the year, but so close to Christmas just kills me.

Apparently, the driver of the car that hit him head on, fell asleep at the wheel. He had fairly minor injuries.

Stephen was a great guy. My brother was pretty close to him and cries every time he talks about it. The funeral was today.

Katie said...

Looks like a fun night at the temple lights! That is great that you have so many family members to share with right now.

So, sorry to hear of your family-friend. Their family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I think the temple is beatuiful. I am going to have to go and see it when we go to Az.. I am trying to see how to add your blog to mine but can't find the button. This is still confussing me. LOL