Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Recap

I have been out of the blogging world for a bit and thought I better post our Christmas before I start out the new year.

We had a family filled Christmas this year. It is funny how it worked out really. We were actually expecting it to be a fairly low key year, but turned out the opposite. We have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Ryan's parent's little mission hiatus was extended over Christmas and we were lucky enough to have them stay with us from Christmas Eve until they leave this upcoming Tuesday morning. I am sure they will be ready for a bit of quiet with all the screaming grandchildren following and hanging on them. I am also positive that after the many rounds of UNO that they will swear off the game all together. My kids have been in heaven!

Papa handing out gifts at the family party.


Aubrin taking a swing at the pinata.

The CANDY!

This is the girls with Nana on Christmas morning. I made Ryan's parents a wooden plaque from a photo they had taken and emailed to us. It is of the Campinas Temple in which they are currently serving.

The girls with their "Sister Santa" gifts. They drew names and exchanged gifts this year. They had a really good time picking something out, wrapping and giving.

The haul.

New toys!

This is what I got for Christmas! I guess it is better than coal.
(Lisa, he said he was Adley.)

We really had a great Christmas and hope that everyone did the same.

6 comments:

Brad's Mom said...

Erin,
Your Christmas looked like it was so much fun. Kiss Jim and Peg for me. Love you guys!

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Fun! How great to have grandparents to celebrate Christmas with. I do love the pictures of them outside with no snow and no jacket on..hum..tempts me to have the desire to move out of this snow infested place. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful Christmas. Looks like yall had a ball. I love the haul in your house. Hope you have a great up coming New Year.

Lisa said...

So fun! Looks like the girls had a great christmas! Although, I must say Ryan that you can't pull off the big bow on the head quite like Adley does!!!! Ha ha that's hilarious.

kh said...

Ha ha! I love your gift! What a fun day. I am SO glad it's over! On to a new year! I can't believe TOMORROW is the LAST day of 08! Ah!

Amy said...

Very nice. How fun to have Jim and Peggy there. Ummm....I must say the Woods boys look better as BOYS. Ha! Looks like everyone had a blast.