{Surviving the Cold}
It is that time of year. I love love love when we start getting cooler weather. But, it also makes me want to be a shut in, curled up on the couch with my blanket and a cup of hot chocolate, watching t.v. and doing a big FAT nothing! In honor of the slight change in weather, I offer these tips (advice from "The Best Life Diet").
If the chilly weather makes you want to skip your workout, try these tips. They'll help you get a workout in no matter how cold it gets outside.
- Go digital. Buy a few cardio and strength-training DVDs for those days you don't want to leave the coziness of home but still want to get a workout in.
- Set up a home gym. Keep exercise bands and free weights at home so you have what you need for your strength-training workouts.
- Divide and conquer. Split up your workout: Do half outside and finish up the second half inside.
-------------------
I still have been having some "issues" and have not been feeling all that great this past week. In spite of that I tried my best to exercise. I did miss 2 days. I had to tell myself that a sick body shouldn't workout. The telling myself part came after Ryan lectured me and told me not to. It is just hard to skip work outs. I don't feel right if I miss. As long as I get something minimal in, I feel so much better.
.jpg)
Successes
Working out in spite of how I have felt! This week could have been a total wash if I would have let it.
Splurges
Sugar Cookies from Sweetcakes, 1/2 of a Mint Three Musketeer and some After Eight Chocolate Mints (Have you ever had these?) So good!
Down to the numbers. I am really excited about the results this week. Blown away would be a better word for it. I almost skipped this weigh in because I was afraid to step on the scale and see a horrible number and be too discouraged. But, I thought I need to take the good weigh ins, with the bad and was pleasantly surprised. I am down 1 pound! I have now lost 63 pounds and I am 4 pounds away from hitting my next goal. I so want to reach it before this years final weigh in.


5 comments:
Good for you Erin! You will hit that goal for sure!!
I hope you get feeling better SOON!!
can i get a "whoop whoop" for Erin!! I understand not feeling good and working out..i am coughing up a lung but i was afraid that if i missed i wouldn't go back. Hope you get better soon!
You have been sick??? Ahhh, that's why you weren't at church. I missed you!
I pretended I was sick, but Mike wouldn't let that fly. Big meanie head.
I am pumped for your UNO POUNDITO! (I have no idea if that is correct Spanish or not... go with it.) You will most certainly lose those 4 pounds by the years end. Just say, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can... and you will. You look FANTABULOUS!!!
LOVE IT! You have done SO great Erin. Sorry you haven't felt well. NO fun for us Mom's. Do you still need address? I'm such a slacker. Let me know.
I love your little countdown. I check it everyday to see just how many more days I have to procrastinate my children's Christmas wishes. Not that I don't have a CALENDAR I could look at, it's just more fun to look at the countdown and see it happily ticking away as I sit here and NOT shop. :0)
Post a Comment