Monday, November 24, 2008

Called to Serve

On Saturday I jumped in the shower to get ready for a wedding reception. Ryan came in and told me that Carl Luther would be back in a few minutes because he needed to speak with both of us. Well, I knew what was coming. I had just been asked to be the Activity Days Leader at church (over the 10 and 11 year old girls) and was hoping that since I had only been doing that for a month, that he wasn't coming for me, but I felt otherwise. I was hoping that it was being thrown Ryan's way, but I actually knew deep down that it was me that would be extended a call and I actually felt I knew which one it would be. I am now the 1st Counselor in the Primary Presidency. I am feeling a bit out of sorts. I know I am suppose to be doing this, but I know that it will be another busy calling. I was told I would be over Baptisms and Activity Days. So, I will help with the 8-11 year old girls group as needed and will be in charge of coordinating the children's baptisms on a monthly basis as needed. These will be my "duties" as well as the Sunday and Quarterly responsibilities. I need to be filled in a bit more, but it looks like I will be doing Sharing Time the first week of December and there is a Baptism Fireside I am over in January.

About three weeks ago I was also called to be the Stake Young Women's Camp Craft Leader AGAIN! So, I will need to brainstorm possible ideas for that and will need to attend camp in June. It is funny (not LOL funny, but loony bin funny) that I was asked to do the same thing last year and it was followed by a 1st Counselor position in the Young Women Organization.

Ryan is still going to be out of town for work for several more months and I most likely will have a little boy I am watching 3 days a week. I was thinking all this stuff out last night and started to get a bit overwhelmed. Good ol' Ryan gave me the pep talk (pep talk being-stop being a wuss!) and if I take each responsibility as it comes, I think I can swing it without having heart palpitations.

I was getting too comfortable with the idea of just having Activity Days a couple times a month and wham! I guess that is what I get for getting too comfortable. I know I was given these things for a reason and that I will learn something from them. What that is I do not know yet, but all will be well and working with the kids in Primary will be fun!

7 comments:

The Greens said...

Hey Erin! Wow it HAS definitely been forever since I've talked to you guys. Its always nice to hear from you. I guess this blogging thing isn't so bad afterall :) I'm sure Ginger would love to hear from you! I will tell her to get a hold of you. I'm sure now that they're all moved in and settled things are calmed down for them. I'm glad to see everything is going good with you guys! Your family is a good looking bunch!

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

WAHOO!!!! Fun fun fun. I loved Primary, i was happy to get out after a few years but i loved it! They just released our whole RS Presidency so then i got put in Enrichment yesterday. The primary is a lucky bunch to have you.

nicole said...

You will be awesome in primary! I was in primary a few years back and loved every minute of it. Most of the kids love you no matter what. So you get to go to girls camp again?! You make such cute crafts....maybe you should make something ugly and they won't ask for you again... LOL! I'm just kidding, you will be blessed in all your callings :)

Lisa said...

Well I hate to say I told you so BUT.... If you weren't so darn good at everything and if people didn't know it, like me, then you wouldn't be in this position. But I know you will be great.

kh said...

Glad it's you and NOT ME!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Oh how rude of me to laugh.

Here's the trick. Have another baby. They know that having a baby is so totally time consuming they won't call you to do anything but LEAD the music (and the bulletin and HFPE comm.) Oh and if that doesn't work, try giving Bishop the DEATH GLARE as you sit in sacrament, and on occasion (when you know he's looking at you) twitch your head in sharp movements and talk to yourself.

Anyway, it seems to work for me.

Congrats! I am loving that you get to do all this and exhibit your incredible talents. Be proud Erin and don't be such a wuss. (Did I sound like Ryan?) :0)

Anonymous said...

Erin,

CONGRATS!!!

If anyone could hanlde all the stress and all the balls in the air it is you. You have a great head on your shoulders and a huge heart. Not to metion an amazing voice!! Just take it one day at a time and if you drop the ball pick it up and just keep going!! Best of luck to you on you new adventure.
P.S.If you can handle an entire football team honey this is nothing!!

Love,
Cat

Katie said...

As you have been told, you will do great! Ryan was right, take it one task at a time. Otherwise you could very well become overwhelmed. Let me know if you need any help!!