Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Questioned Out

Who has kids that ask a million questions? It seems like the most simple of phrases you say and instructions you give to your kids are always followed by those parental cringing words "What? Where? When? Why?" and then your answer to them is always followed by yet another one of those words.

Reagan was so excited that one of her favorite cartoons was on and she came running through the family room saying, "I have to watch it, I have to watch it!" So, she jumps up on the couch, lays back and settles in. I sit down on the couch, not intentionally blocking the view of the t.v. and ask her, "Why do you have to watch it?". To which she replies, " 'Cause I have to!". After going back and forth with her asking her question after question, she shakes her head, rolls her eyes and says pointing, "Just get off (the couch)!"

Nothin' like giving them a taste of their own medicine!

3 comments:

kh said...

Stick it to 'em! That's what we are here for.

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

hahaha Good for you! Gotta love kids! I have one that just repeats every single thing i say.

Katie said...

That is awesome! Love it :)