Biggest Loser trainer Bob Harper says don't sabotage yourself with unrealistic exercise goals: "Thinking that you can't get in shape because you don't have two hours a day to exercise is just another excuse for doing nothing. Start small, because small can only get bigger."
Once you get to that "bigger" spot, it is important that you don't get too comfortable. When you first start a new sport or class, you may struggle to get the hang of it. But over time, your body adjusts to your workout and becomes more efficient at doing it. So, if you can tackle a workout that you've been doing for a while with no problem, you're not giving your body a challenging workout. At this point, it's a good idea to try a new class or increase the intensity of your current workout.
Switch things up. Pick at least two different types of exercises that you can fit into your schedule, such as an aerobics class and walking, and alternate them. This helps prevent boredom and burnout! Plus, you train many more muscles when you do more than one activity each week.
That is what I have been trying to do this week. Change it up a bit. I solely did the 30-day Shred videos and pilates videos this week. I did do one day of additional upper arm weights. To mix it up I might do 30-Day Shred and the elliptical next week.
.jpg)
Successes
I ate pretty well this week minus one day and a couple of splurges. I was out doing a little Christmas shopping and made wise choices while I was out. I exercised 5 days this week.
Splurges
Tuesday I was a bit frustrated and had a day of dieting lapse. I have now crossed that day off of the calendar as well and now my calendar only has 363 days this year. I had one evening of pure delight on Friday and enjoyed some GOOD food. I also indulged in a homemade pizzookie and a small portion of Chocolate cake from the reception on Saturday. A good dieting tip: Dropping most of your cake on the lawn = less calories consumed.
As you see this week was not free of some dieting sin, but I am doing 300% better than I was doing this time last year. I am trying to let go a bit and go with the flow. I am telling you, this week is the BIG TEST. If I can get through this week without gaining a few pounds, the heaven's will open and the angels will sing songs of Hallelujah. Thanksgiving dieting is far harder for me to deal with than Christmas. I say that because it is right around the corner. I might be whistling a different tune once the sugar cookies start rolling in.
To sum up this weeks weigh in, I would like to quote a very wise friend of mine:
"BOOM Chicka BOOM!
I said a BOOM Chicka BOOM. I said a Boom CHICKA ROCKA CHICKA ROCKA CHICKA Boom."
I am down {2 pounds} for a total of [ 65 pounds lost].
I had to share this little story also. I was doing an exercise video and Reagan came in as she does most every time. She usually likes to join in though, but this particular time she just stood there staring at the t.v. in deep thought. She looks over at me and says in her small little voice, "Mom, she has small boobies like me", as she points to the Trainer on the screen. I am thinking to myself, yep, the "Pointer Sisters" are a casualty of exercise and being thin. I was relaying the story to Ryan and he asked where she learned to look at "those". I said apparently, her father!


3 comments:
You have such a wise friend with such ability to capture and articulate such wise words. I must meet her!
2 pounds??? 2 pounds??? Yeah, hitting the '50s is in the bag. You are there, I can see it.
What an example Ryan is to your girls. They are so lucky!!! (Mat askes me why mine are so big and why my tummy is so squishy, humm, let's talk after she has kids! Oh, the things they say!)
GOOD JOB ERIN, THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!
Great job Erin! I can already hear those angels prepping for next week. You will do great! You are amazing!!
hahahahaha, that story made me laugh!! Too funny. You can do it this week, i know you can! Who needs stupid turkey, mashed potatoes, and pie anyway right..not important!
Post a Comment