- Within 30 minutes of waking up, get some food in your body and then every 4 hours after that. That will boost your metabolism and fuel your body.
- Portion control: Fist size of protein and 2-3 fist fulls vegetables.
- I love the 100 calorie packs especially when I need a chocolate fix. But, experts say commercial 100-calorie snack packs aren't always healthy foods (well, I knew that, but at least it puts my splurge into a healthier portion size). They suggest these nutrient-packed low-cal snacks:
- 3 dates (blah!) with almonds in the middle (90 calories)
- A medium orange with 6 cashews (110 calories)
- A small apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter (150 calories)
- A peeled or frozen banana (120 calories)
- A miniature box of raisins with 14 almonds (130 calories).
- If only chocolate will do, a piece, not an entire bar of dark chocolate. 1 piece of Dove Dark (42 calories)
{Break a bad habit} Most overweight people share similar traits. In addition to eating the wrong foods and not exercising, overweight people tend to put their spouses, children and other loved ones ahead of their own health and well being. Do you prioritize your life so your health comes first? That was a struggle for me before I started this. After I did all my "to-do's" for my family and others, that left me little or no time to do anything for myself. But, isn't it far more important to give yourself the time , so you can be the best for them? Hmmm?
This week I was on a hormonal roller coaster. My body was all whacked out. I don't know what was exactly going on. I am feeling more myself this past day or so, so maybe my body was just doing some adjusting. NO I AM NOT PREGNANT!!
.jpg)
Successes: Not eating any of the candy from the Halloween Haul since the 31st. Exercising 5 days this week.
Splurges: We aren't going to even talk about Monday. As far as I am concerned that day has dropped off my calendar. I also had pizza TWICE this week and on the 31st, I did eat a couple Fun Size candy bars. Okay, a few.
I am thinking I need some weight training. I haven't done much of that. Ryan has a bench out back and I think I am going to try and work out on that a few times this upcoming week. I am still kind of limited on what I can do with my knee though.


4 comments:
I love how real you are through this. Admitting that dates are blah and that candy is a temptation. That is why you are so successful! You are very aware of your likes and dislikes and have an AMAZING amount of self control!!
Congrats on the 1/2 pound. You are doing awesome!!
How lovely. Monday is gone for you, as is today for me. Our goal tonight is to hit as many restaurants and get as much "free" stuff (AKA the high caloric GOOD food) we can. Wish us luck.
Half a pound is definately worth the three sugar cookies. Definately.
Like i have told you, you are an inspiration to me. I started an excercise group in our ward and our first day was today. It felt great to work out. Thanks for all your motivating posts.
Have you tried the workout video "30 day Shred"... I just heard about it and I think it has a lot of weight training.
Post a Comment