I have email sent to me all the time with words of advice and tips on weight loss. I have learned quite a bit by them and it is always nice to get a mental weight loss check too. Yesterday, I got an email and on the sidebar was a bit of motivating advice that I found interesting.
{A Valuable Motivator} Fitness Experts ask those struggling with exercise to ask themselves this question:
What if tomorrow someone took away something you value immensely, say, a material thing, a family member or a pet, and told you the only way you could get it back is if you exercised for 45 minutes before the end of the next day? Now, imagine that prized possession is your health. We must all think of our health as something valuable or we'll never fight for it.
What if tomorrow someone took away something you value immensely, say, a material thing, a family member or a pet, and told you the only way you could get it back is if you exercised for 45 minutes before the end of the next day? Now, imagine that prized possession is your health. We must all think of our health as something valuable or we'll never fight for it.
I truly never really thought of it that way. My health is something very valuable and worth the fight. I have a great husband and 4 beautiful girls that depend on me and I need to be my very best for them. Although, losing weight has been absolutely phenomenal when it comes to the outer appearance, it is my inners, my general health, that is far more important. That is easy to lose sight of. So, even if my weight loss tapers off and I maintain my current weight, I know that by eating better and exercising I am, bottom line, a healthier individual!
Successes: Eating healthy when really tempting food (Macaroni Grill, candy, etc.) was placed before me. Exercised like crazy.Splurges: (2) Fun Size candy bars, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie and several bites of an Oreo Concrete from Neilson's. This time of the year is killing me!!!
This week, I worked hard. I even have the work out soreness. I told myself last week that I would get on my equipment and I followed through on that. I worked out 6 days this week. I took off Sunday, which still remains hard for me to do. I know my body needs a rest, I just have a hard time mentally letting go. I worked out about an hour and half everyday this week and kept super busy and moving on top of that. Even though I had my splurges, I ate really well this week. I just knew this weigh in would rock, I had put in more than enough effort and time. I got up this morning, stepped on my scale and....
SAY WHAT?
I lost nothing at all. I maintained, but there was no change. I was taken back a bit and then after I regrouped, I thought, I lost 3 pounds last week! All through this process I have had really great weigh ins one week and the following weigh ins slow down. I remembered the above email that I got and what this whole thing is really all about anyway. With that, I will move on and keep at it. I would like to lose 6 pounds by the end of the year. That only gives me 9 weeks. It might be unrealistic, but I am going to shoot for it and see if I can accomplish it.


3 comments:
I really like what that quote has to say along with your insight. It really doesn't matter about our outer -- we should be much more concerned with our inner happenings!
You are doing awesome and I am sure you will lose the 6 pounds. I know I say it all the time, but I truly mean it -- you are amazing! Your ability to turn down temptations is incredible!
"64 days until final weigh-in?" There are only 64 days left in the year??? I can't wait to see what your total weight loss is by then! I am so happy you are still going for it! You can so lose 6 lbs in 9 weeks.
Hear, hear... the HOLIDAYS suck for trying to lose weight.
Great Endurance you have. Maybe with all your work out your muscle mass is getting larger therefore throwing off your weight on the scale...... You are doing amazing. You are right, if we treated our health like our family, religion, etc means to us I am sure we would all be much better off. Thanks for that quote!
Post a Comment