Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fat Facts

Awhile back I signed up for emails from The Biggest Loser Club. I thought I would share this one that I got this morning. I have said it before, but it is hard to find a good balance of what is and what is not enough food. They say that:

Losing lbs. is a pretty simple equation.

(My opinion, the word "simple" should never be used when referring to anything concerning weight loss)

The only secret formula when it comes to weight loss is making sure the calories you eat every day are fewer than the calories you burn off during exercise and activities.

A good "trick" to determining the appropriate amount of calories to eat each day and still lose weight is multiply your weight by the number 7:
Your weight x 7 = your daily caloric needs for weight loss.

Of course, as the weight comes off, your caloric needs change. To keep losing weight at a steady pace, you must adjust your caloric intake and activity level.

That's it! There is no magic wand to wave over your body. It does take work and discipline.

So on that note...it is time to put this past week behind me and Burn, Baby, Burn!

3 comments:

kh said...

Seriusly? times seven? That leaves me eating nuts and berries. oh wait, not the nuts.

i think the wand would be much more easy.

food for thought: yesterday i ate a big mac (don't ask it was a moment of weakness) and those are 540 (give or take) calories. during my 45 minute run, i burned off 584 calories... see where i am going with this? perhaps i should stick to the berries.

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

That means since I am a chub i get to eat lots of calories..wahoo.. Thanks for that post. I will remember that and try my darndest..ughh..

Katie said...

That is a good formula to know! I love how much you have learned and put to use that knowledge.