Friday, September 5, 2008

Weekend Warriors

This past weekend was the extended Labor Day weekend. We thought that we would take advantage of every sense of the word "Labor" and get a project done. By we, I mean, I put it in Ryan's head and he executed!

Several months back, Ryan added tile up the walls (in a way like a tile wainscot). This past weekend he ripped out the old tile and extended the tiling into the shower surround in our hall bathroom. One thing I didn't like about the shower before, was this little shelf. Although it was handy for shampoo, etc., my shower curtain was just not long enough to be pulled completely across the shower. So, Ryan built a little wall to accommodate that and now when I hang my curtain, it will make it all the way and not allow the water to escape. Plus, I can still utilize the shelf.

Ryan is such the trooper. He was nearly done and the tile saw blew up and we had to go rent one. Since we had the saw for a 24 hour period he thought he would finish the tile back splash in my bathroom as well. I am thankful for my handy husband and all the skill and hard work he puts into our home. I am a truly blessed woman!


Ryan building the wall in the shower surround


Demoed tiled and added wall


The Before


The After


Isn't the wall and tile job great?


My bathroom back splash


Project complete!!!

4 comments:

kh said...

Oh Erin, it's BEAUTIFUL! Ryan did a super job. I bet you just love it. You have such superb taste in everything.

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

MY GOSH...that looks AMAZING!! Can he come do that to my house. You are lucky, my husband gets too frustrated. :( Great Job Ryan!!

Katie said...

I have been checking to see when you would post about it. It really did turn out so well! It will be nice for your Mom to enjoy as well :)

Amy said...

I love it! What a handy guy. Where does he get it? Ha! I think it's FAB.