I weighed in today and lost 2.5 pounds! I have now lost 52 pounds and I am 8 pounds away from goal. There is just something about hitting that new #. I did eat more this week. I tried to be more mindful of what and how much I was consuming and it paid off. To put in perspective my loss:

208 sticks of butter!

50 pound hamburger!

50 pounds of sugar
I also went in this morning for my annual exam. The nurse practitioner asked me if there was any changes in my weight over the past year and I told her 50 pounds. She looked at me funny and said, "Loss?...because I don't see how you could have gained 50." I would have jumped off the table and gave her a big hug, if it wouldn't have been awkward seeing as I was stripped down and only in one of those exam robes. According to those infamous charts (Weight/BMI) I still need to drop another 40+ pounds. Can't remember ever being that size, but it was a good thing to hear that she didn't think I needed to drop another 50! It was also a nice addition to the check up to tell them that I work out daily because I was never able to say that before. Today is a good day. I am feeling pretty good about myself and know that even though this has been hard work, it has been and continues to be so worth the effort!


2 comments:
WOO HOO!!! I have been checking in this morning to see it! I knew you would hit it this week!
I am so happy for you and proud of all your hard work! CONGRATS!!
Why didn't you bring the girls over while you went to the doc??
Oh and REMINDER--class tomorrow morning :)
WAY TO GO! I knew you weighed in on Tuesdays, I just couldn't get to my computer yesterday... I have been dying to know how you did!
BRAVO!!! I am thrilled for you! 50 pounds is MAJOR! I can't wait until I can claim this.
You should keep going until you can't lose anymore. At least until the end of Dec, so you can say... "This past year I lost ___."
You have really done such a great job and have been such a great example of perseverance (sp) and dedication! I am SO PROUD OF YOU!
Post a Comment