Saturday, September 6, 2008

"Cut" it out!

I wish my girls would cut it out already! Reagan decided that she would be next in line to try her talents as a beautician. Let's just say, she will need a bit more work.

I was walking into the kitchen and noticed a big chunk of hair on the floor and then Ryan tells me that he thinks Reagan cut her hair and when I looked back at her, my stomach sank and there was no doubting that she had. I grabbed her and the scissors and went to the bathroom to access the damages and as I combed though it, it came out in chunks. I was so upset and she knew it too. She just cried. She asked me if we would need to go the doctor. Not the doctor I told her, but I would need to seek professional help; both help from a psychotherapist because my girls are driving me crazy with this hair cutting thing and professional hair styling help! So off we went and back home we came with a much shorter banged hair style that to me totally changed her look. I am still having a hard time getting use to it.


Reagan sporting her new style


My cute lil' "Reagan Scissorhands"

The following are projects that I was working on (where I left the scissors unattended for just the right amount of time) that resulted in the above pictures.


Birthday gift for Brooklyn's friend MaKenna


Front View


Back


Inside

I also was working on a clipboard for my pantry that I plan to put my grocery list on so I can just grab, go and shop. I decorated it and Ryan mounted it to the wall beside my cork board. I was tired of the refrigerator tablets that always fall apart, the dry erase board that I had to transfer everything to paper (plus dry erase marker art from the kids on the walls) and I am hoping that it will make it easier for me not to forget everything once I get to the store because I will actually have a list (I just hope I don't forget the list).


Grocery List Clipboard

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my! It's a good thing she's cute huh?
I love the gift and your list holder. You need to let us know how you do these projects and what we need for them. They're SO cute.

kh said...

Cute. I love the gift you are giving Mckenna.

Reagan looks like she's much older, in my opinion. Did those sissors find a new home, way way up high on a shelf? I can't believe it, Erin. Oh the things you do deal with! My kids are much more into DRAWING on my walls, furniture, dolls, shoes and themselves... do you want to switch? Hee hee.

What a wonderful family you have.

Katie said...

Serisouly, I was cracking up reading this! You are so funny. I just love you so much!!

Reagan is as cute as ever! You (or Reagan) inspired me to cut Kamree's hair. I know I mentioned I have beeen thinking of it for a while...so I did it. Along with a talk that ONLY mom cuts hair!

Makenna's gift is cute. I will have to go over and see it in person. YOu are a talented one!

And, I am trying to figure out where I can hang your pantry "system" in my house. I LOVE it!! Can I add a clip board to my birthday wish list :)

And thanks for the laugh tonight. I was dying laughing when you turned to ask Beth if she was singing that song. SO FUNNY!!!