
Aubrin comes running across the house yelling, "Mom, help, Reagan! It is stuck!" Then I hear the screams from Reagan as she makes her way across the house. I tried to interpret what was going on between the wails and panic. Aubrin finally tells me that Reagan has a ring in her nose. "A ring?", I question. Maybe she put some Barbie accessory up there, I assume. I am looking in her nose and I don't see anything sticking out. I tilt her head back and then I faintly see silver. I couldn't tell what it was. I then thought it looked a bit like a earring back. She is freaking out and I grab her and the tweezers, lay her back and pray that I don't shove it further done her nostril. I get hold of "it" and start pulling on it and it is a ring! Not a Barbie accessory, not a earring back, but a ring! You know the plastic dress up rings? This was a broken, 1" piece that she decided to place in her nose. Who says you don't learn anything from the games you grow up playing? I have to attribute my steady hand today to the skill I learned in the game Operation. Crisis and trip to the ER averted! Phew!


4 comments:
How funny. Thankfully my kids have never put anything up their nose (knock on wood) or else I would been tempted to leave it there.
At first (upon seeing your pic) I thought it was a peice of the game she got stuck, or her finger got stuck in one of the operation slots. You are very clever and are doing too well at this blogging thing.
Wow. I thought you were gonna say that you were looking up her nose but it was really a ring in the game that was stuck. Good job Erin, way to keep us in suspense as we read your story. I would say how funny but it probably wasnt funny at the time. the joys of being a mom.
Ha, ha! I can laugh because all went well and you were able to pass on the ER visit :)
This is a great story. I need to get some posts done. Geesh, I am a slacking blogger.
Thanks again for taking Kamree this morning. She is still talking about playing at Reagan's :)
EWWW...poor girl. You have me beat on this one. Even my boys haven't done this. SHOCKING! SO glad everything came out OK.
Post a Comment