Monday, August 11, 2008

Too Cool for School

The day has come. Can you hear the cheers of parents everywhere?

My kids were ready for this day and so was I. They didn't fight us at all at bedtime last night and jumped up and got ready in record time.

I took the kids to school today since it was the first day, but they typically ride the bus. They are riding the bus home today. Aubrin will ride the school bus for the first time this afternoon. Aubrin was excited about school this morning and was all smiles. She was a bit upset when she had to get back in the car and go home with me until her school time in the afternoon.


Kristen before starting her 1st day of 4th grade


Brooklyn before starting her 1st day of 2nd grade


Aubrin her 1st day starting Pre-kindergarten


Kristen and Mason at the school


Katelynn and Brooklyn at the school (where are the matching outfits?)


Kaylee and Aubrin before school


Kristen and Scott before school


Aubrin on playground before her class started in the afternoon

Then the whistle blew and Kaylee Murset and Carlee Poblieglo went to their classes and Aubrin broke down. She was fine until those familar faces left. She kept begging me not to leave her, not in a kicking and flairing about kind of way, but a sad desperate cry that about ripped my heart out. I never really expected that Aubrin would be that way. She is such a goof. Lately though, she has been a little more apprehensive about things. She has a hard time going to Primary on Sundays if Brooklyn is not sitting by her. I am not use to this with her. I was able to walk her to class and watch from the glass of the door until she calmed down and then I blew kisses and left. I hope that once I left that school knocks her socks off so that tomorrow we do not have the kicking and flaring type of cry.


Heartbroken Aubrin

3 comments:

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Oh that makes me so sad, poor Aubrin! You will have to let us know how she did after school and tomorrow..so there mommy with kids in school...what did you get to do today with your alone time???? lucky!!!!

Katie said...

My kids had NO trouble at all. UNTIL...Kaylee's bus buddy showed up and she started crying and insisted she wait for Scott. Thank goodness he didn't listen to me. I told him to go meet her in the bus line and she would be there. Geesh!

I need to get a post done about our day. Cute picutres!!

kh said...

Ahhh, that pic of Fudd makes me sad! I bet you were a mess about it too, it's always hard to leave them like that. I know I would be. I wonder how Mo will do next year. But my ??? is, how did she do on her first day? Will she like it? I am happy she is in YK, she will have fun. It's a great start for Kindergarten. I am glad Marcor was able to go.

You kids ARE too cool for school! What cuties! I know they will do great, don't they every year? You have such smarties!

I am jsut glad this "first" day is over.