Sunday, July 6, 2008

Where they born in a barn?


No, no they were not! I was there, I remember.

What is it? My kids have been taught to pick up their things, but I am telling you, they are turning into little animals. Tonight I walked into their rooms and found garbage from snacks thrown on the floor, toys and a board game (with all the pieces) everywhere, toothpaste smeared all over the sink, toothbrushes on the stool, towels on the floor, shoes tossed about, drawings galore and dirty laundry mixed with clean thrown throughout the room. What really got me was when we opened the hamper to put the dirty clothes in and sitting right there dripping all over the clothes was a cup of chocolate ice cream. In the hamper!! I have heard of hiding food before, but seriously, ice cream!! That was when the "ghost" once again returned and no one owned up to any of the mess. I have come to fully understand the pig sty analogy!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh that's nice! Alright I have to admit I started laughing at the ice cream in the hamper. Oh I would've lost it. My fist thought was choc. stains. YUCK!

kh said...

I think it might be the whole summer time (anti) routine. At least this is the case in my house. OR it could be that MEAN MOM isn't paying much attention to her kids, which is also the case at my house. It's fend for yourself here, each and everyday and they wonder how come MEAN MOM gets so mad when she finds crap all over. Marcor has even resorted to drawing MEAN MOM at church and telling his class that, (and I quote) "this is the reason my MOM has a mean face, cause she was yelling at us to clean up and that we were grounded from the TV." Nice. So now if I get a call from Bishop I will know what it's about. I knew they were candidate for therapy. I don't know, though, perhaps they WERE born in a barn. I seem to have forgotten most about their birth.

Also, my silly cutest blog image hasn't been coming up either, so I went and changed it to a generic Blogger design. What's up with them lately?

Katie said...

It's funny to read this post this morning. Just last night as I was going to bed I was complaining to Rich about trying to keep up with 4 very effective forces working so strongly against my desire to have a clean home.
I think Kristen made a good point with the anti routine for the summer thing. Of course it stays cleaner when they are gone most of the day to school :)

Erin Flanagan Woods said...

I am sure it is the whole routine thing and the chocolate stains, ugh! I have a whole sink of clothes soaking right now.