Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Week 27 Weigh In

This week I have felt pretty good. I was a little worried about having such a good week last week and having an off week on the scale this week. I did miss a couple days of working out this time because of the craziness and the 4th of July Holiday. Even though I didn't get on my equipment or do a "formal" exercise session those 2 days, I did stay busy and I think it paid off. I got on the scale this morning and was thrilled to have lost another 3 pounds bringing my totals to 40.5 pounds lost and 1 pound to my second goal.

I don't know how I will work this upcoming week with YW Girls Camp. It makes me nervous to get out of my routine. I will be gone from Saturday-Wednesday afternoon. That will be 4 days away from being able to work out and that always makes me feel a little uneasy. I just don't want to have to make up for anything again, especially since I am so close to goal. I haven't decided if I will do a weigh in before I go or right after I get back as I will be gone during my normal Tuesday weigh in.

On another note, I did get rid of ALOT of my clothes and it felt really great. It is funny to be attached to some clothes that were once your "skinny" clothes (ones I thought I looked thinner in). But, I am finding when I wear some of these clothes it makes me look frumpy and doesn't really do me any favors. I will just have to find new "skinny" clothes. It has come to the point were there is slim pickin's in my closet. I will have to just buy a few things and wear them over and over. I don't want to invest too much $ in hope that those too will eventually not fit me. I have to have restraint. I saw an outfit yesterday that I wanted SO bad, but it was a little pricey. I had to talk myself out of it.

I am also still having a hard time figuring out where my final goal should be. My weight my whole life as been a big roller coaster. I can remember certain sizes and weights I was at different times in my life. I don't know what is realistic for me. If I go by those infamous body charts, I still have about 50 pounds to lose. I haven't been that weight since I was in elementary school. I don't know that it is physically possible for me to do that after the child rearing years. I am about 20 pounds away from my graduating High School weight and I am guessing about 15 pounds away from my wedding day weight. I have never been a small (only in height) girl. How far do I take this?

6 comments:

Katie said...

Once again, I must tell you how AMAZING you are and what a GREAT job you are doing with your weight loss. I have watched your process and witnessed several times that you turn down treats...I mean seriously--who turns down a pizookie? YOU!!
I know that you will keep busy at grils camp and have pleanty of walking to do :) So I am sure you will hit that goal or at the very least break even next week.
I know we have talked about this before, I really feel like to hit your "wedding weight" is realistic. You certainly can't expect to hit the elementary years. You want to be "safe" and not go too far.
Thank you for your friendship and example to me! You are so wonderful!!

kh said...

Yay! I will have to check out Allie Brown.. poop on Cutest Blog. JK, they were cute too.

Okay, so I got onto Cathy's blog and was impressed by her decision to stay at her 150 weight and not get down to her "goal" weight of 135. She was comfortable with that and I was proud of her, as I am of you. I think you will know once you get to that point, and I know your body will let you know once you get to that point too. You will kind of hit that plateau where you can't lose weight without going to the extreme. (Like I know all this, I am after all the Guru of weight loss. Haven't you noticed how darn successful I am at it! wink!) So making a goal that is realistic to you and how you feel is so worth the hard word and dedication. Don't go by the "chart" they don't know what they are talking about. I am like you, if I did strive for that weight it would take me back to my kindergarten days! Not really, but you know what I mean.

Girls' Camp will keep you busy! You shouldn't be worried about that at all! Good luck! You freaking rock my friend. "I am blinded by your awesomeness." (Have you seen Kung Fu Panda? That was a line from the movie, I will use it a lot now! Since I am such a wannabe movie line sayer.) ??? :0)

Jayna said...

Erin - Thank you for the link to you blog. I love reading about your family and am extremely impressed with your persistence and will power. Even though we are far away we support you and love you. It sounds like you deserve to buy yourself one cute outfit and another even cuter outfit to wear when you reach your next goal. :) Have a blast at girls camp. I can't imagine all the work that has been for you. Miss you. I will be in AZ in Sept. Let's plan a get together.

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Once again CONGRATS! Seriously Erin, you need to be on like The Today show to inpire women everywhere that moms and everyday women can make a plan and stick to it. As for how far you should go..i would say, when you feel comfortable in your body. A few yeas ago i lost like 100 lbs..to me i felt like when i could tuck my shirt in i was happy, although the dr's said, "if i could see you lose 30 more lbs i would be happy." Forget him..its all about when you feel happy, of course in a safe healthy way!!! Good for you though seriously!! Have fun at girls camp. I have been in primary so many years i totally forgot what Girls Camp was like. Funny, the last year i went i think i was with you wasnt I?? They did snipe hunting..i have vague flashes of it. Huh!!

Amy said...

YEAH for you. I would LOVE to see pics. Erin I think you've done AWESOME! You should be SO proud of yourself. Ummm....where are you by the way? Are you off having fun somewhere? Ha Ha!

Anonymous said...

Erin!!!
I am so excited for you and your awesome progress!!! We need to get together so you can inspire me!! Love you, Ginger.