I thought I would just quickly recap the week as I have been "out". Mom and Lauren came in on Saturday and Ryan had no clue. My Mom flies for free but doesn't care to fly, so it was a big surprise to see my Mom and Sister walk in the door.
{Highlights} of the week:
- Temple Visitor's Center. We say the "Reflections" exhibit and went to the video presentation of "God's Plan for the Family". We all cried our eyes out.
- Kristen's Spelling Bee. It was the saddest thing. One of the rules were that you couldn't repeat any letter. Kristen got up there in Round 2 and got a frog in her throat when she said the "E" and repeated it and was eliminated. She cried and we all got teary. She was so disappointed in herself. Who would have thought that a Elementary School Spelling Bee would move us to tears. She got the "Best Speller" Award in her class.
- Mom's Dental Appointment. Okay, not a huge highlight, but my sis and I went shopping and we all went to lunch afterwards.
- Swimming. Went swimming as much as we could even though the weather was weird and wonderful this week. I am still a big wuss. It was still cold for me.
- Jake's 6th Grade Graduation.
- Beth and Lauren's Birthday celebrations. Katie watched my kids so we could go kidless (Katie you are a blessing. I owe you BIG!) We went to Costa Vida for salads and did some browsing and buying. That evening we went to dinner at BJ's. We tried to go to Oregano's but it was insane!
- Downtown Mesa. We went downtown through some of the shops. I even went into an Antique shop I had never been in. The weather was perfect for a walk.
- Girls Night Out. Mom, Beth, Lauren, Shelby and I went to see Baby Mama. It was a fun night. Thanks Beth for the tickets and thanks Ry for watching the kiddos!
- Hanging Out. The best part was just hanging out and being together...Eating, laughing and playing together.
Temple Visitor's Center
Out to Lunch
My Cute Mom

My pretty sister and fun Mom
Thanks Mom and Lauren for making it a fun week and for taking the time to come out and visit. Thanks Mom for getting on that flight. Now, Ryan says that since you have done it you can come out for weekends :0). See, he already wants you back! I am glad we could squeeze in some fun even though sickness swept through the house. I am crossing my fingers that you didn't take it with you to Texas. I love you guys!


3 comments:
Look at you...they barely leave and you are posting! I'm glad that you had a fun week with them.
Sorry to hear you were hit with sickness. Our house was hit on Saturday as well. I don't know what in the world happened. We all seemed fine Friday...and then WHAM--every single one of us had something Saturday. It was nuts!!
On to planning and prepping for Seattle :-)
I meant to tell you that I LOVE that picture of your mom and girls. That is so CUTE!!
I had so much fun with you and the rest of the clan!! I already miss you guys!! I hope we can do that once a year on my vacation :)!! I love you, and thanks for everything!!
Post a Comment