We started swim lessons for Aubrin and Reagan today. Aubrin tried to give Reagan a pep talk. "Reagan, I will atect (protect) you!", she told her. Once again I was worried about Reagan. She is scared of her own shadow (Well, she was born on Groundhog's Day-maybe that's it). Aubrin was so ready!
Their teacher is Courtney Goodman. She is really good and PATIENT. She has quite the set up. She always has a port-o-potty which Aubrin thought was cool until she opened the door and looked inside. She also has stuff to purchase like goggles, rings and has one of those freezer cases with ice cream she sells.
Aubrin did so well. It took her a little bit to get back in the groove of swimming, but before too long she was off. Reagan on the other hand...did exactly what I expected. Her favorite phrases at swim lessons are:
Aubrin did so well. It took her a little bit to get back in the groove of swimming, but before too long she was off. Reagan on the other hand...did exactly what I expected. Her favorite phrases at swim lessons are:
- "I done?"
- "I wan my Mom"
- "I wan my Dad"
- "No, No, No!"
- "Hu-uh"
- "Uh go home?"
- "Uh towel"
I had to sit poolside with her and toss her in when needed. I am thinking tomorrow might be worse as she knows what to expect. She cried the entire time and gagged. It was a great time. I highly recommend it to others.
She wouldn't let me take a picture afterward by the pool because she thought she had to get back in.


3 comments:
Aren't swim lessons fun ;)
I can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes...
By the way...that is SUCH a CUTE swimsuit :)
Oh my heck I could eat her up!
Sorry today was the pits, I hope tomorrow is better for you. (Too bad we don't drink, I swear that would really help take the "edge" off!)
Have you heard of the island women? When their kids are like (old enough to walk) they walk them down to the ocean and toss them in! Sink or Swim, it's up to them! Talk about getting her done! I would love to just throw my kids into the pool, but I might end up on the 10 o'clock news.
Oh I forgot to tell you...
When we had the missionaries over Sunday, Elder Wilson saw my family picture I had on my shelf (the one I took at the "Great Wall") and asked, "Where was this taken?" I told him and he said, "That's cool, and funny, Bro Woods has one at that exact same place." I said, "I know, I took it for them." He looked at me like I was from another planet. "Oh."
I guess there was no point in me telling you that, other than I thought it was funny. I apparently don't have that "I'm cool, I take photographs for other people" look about me. I was surprised he saw it and made the connection... so not typical for a man/boy/elder. :0)
Post a Comment