The much anticipated day had arrived...Brooklyn and Katelynn's Day O' Fun! Since they are inseparable and their birthdays are only a couple weeks apart, Katie and I decided a birthday outing for our lil' beauties would be fun (okay, for us too!). What would an outing be without matching outfits, helllloooo! This time we surprised the girls and bought them matching skirts to go with their already matching ensemble. The great part was seeing their reaction when the door opened and they were matching head to toe. There were gasp and giggles.
Off we went to Scottsdale Fashion Square to do a little shopping and browsing. We hit a few favorites and then headed to Build-a-Bear. The girls had fun picking their furry friend (matching of course), making a wish, stuffing, cleaning, outfitting and naming their new pal. Brooklyn named hers Mya May. After hitting a couple more shops (Thanks girls for allowing us to do a little browsing of our own), we were off to lunch at Oregano's. It was pizza all around! Katie and I stepped out and tried a chicken potato pizza and it was...yum! The girls had fun shaping dough balls and guessing their creations. Lunch was de-lish and was topped off with a Chocolate Chip Pizzookie or the Original Pizza Cookie as they like to call it. Can I say, that it was total heaven for me. I am sure it won't be fun working it off, but the big splurge was things dreams are made of.
Last and certainly not least, what day o' fun would not be complete without a Target run? The girls picked out wallets, a pair of shoes and clothes. They even found matching pj's.
The day ended at our place. Even after the day spent together, they had not had enough and Katelynn stayed another hour or so and played.
The girls seemed to have a good time and the Mom's did too. I am so grateful that Brooklyn has such a strong bond with Katelynn. They have such a special relationship. To be friends like that is rare and I am glad that Brooklyn has found that special connection with Katelynn.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh, that was SO sweet! We had SUCH a FUN day with you!! Wouldn't it be nice to do a monthly outing :o)
I'm glad that the guys got the others together for a swim as well. That made my kids happy!
It was fun shopping with you and Brooklyn. It was fun to be together. We loved getting the build-a-bear workshop bunny. I had a fun time with Brooklyn!
Love, Katelynn
Erin you are a great mom to do all that for your daughter. I am so cheap, I would have said lunch and that's it! I have never been to Oregano's but my bro says it's so good. Gotta try it!
Post a Comment