Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sink or Swim

Just thought I would give a quick update on Round 2 of swim lessons. It was nearing swim lesson time and I pulled Reagan's bathing suit out. Ryan said "Ready to go swimming?" and this was her reaction...

(She crossed her arms and hid in a corner and I had to chase her to get this picture)

Ryan promised ice cream if she would be good (it has come down to bribery). It took both of us to put her suit on with all the arms and legs flaring about. She finally calmed down and we headed off to lessons. I begged Ryan to go and he did. It was nice to have him there, but he thought it was hilarious (from the sidelines) that she was squealing.

She cried here and there. She actually sat on the step longer than she had yesterday. By the end, she was teary but she actually chose to go under for a pink ring when Courtney asked her what color she wanted to find. So, it might be a little time, but she eventually will learn to enjoy it. At least that is what I am telling myself.

2 comments:

Katie said...

How nice that Ryan was around!!
Your windows look nice! I can't wait to see them in person. What did Ryan think about Friday??

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! I love the picture of her meltdown. Love those 2-year old meltdowns, so dramatic, but so cute too.

Like my new name? I only use it when I have the option.