Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Housework

{My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.}

Housework...not my favorite thing to do. It is hard to keep up sometimes. It is a vicious cycle. So, knowing that I will be doing that same exact chore in the very near future (sometimes within the hour) doesn't make it the most appealing.

I had been dragging this morning, but I got a little inspiration from my friend Kristen and I buckled down and went through all the kids clothes and shoes. I even rotated and relabeled all the ones I have stored and a couple of my kids have some "new" outfits to wear. I have been procrastinating this for some time. Can I tell you, it is nice to have clothes saved from kid to kid and it does save a small fortune, but it is a total pain! The kids were excited though to have something different to wear.

Since I was on a roll, I did get dinner on the table, dishes done, my house vacuumed and my kitchen mopped. Now, the kids are in bed and the house is silent and I am going to go have some "me" time.

2 comments:

kh said...

AH! You inspire me more than you know!

Way to go! I don't re-label my clothes (heck I don't even label) so it's always fun to walk into my shed and wonder which box has the infant clothes in it. Mike tells me I need to get all the same sizes and put them in a box then mark it. I'm like, What fun is that!

What did you make for dinner? We had mac n cheese... jealous?

So I told Mati about today (why can't I keep my mouth SHUT?) and she's already dressed and waiting at the window for Marcor's bus to show up (that's when she knows she can come over.) I will bring over your movies too. Thanks for letting me borrow them, they were perfect!

Katie said...

Look at you! I wish I had an ounce of energy to do those kinds of things. But I don't and so it waits...