.jpg)
Happy Birthday Nana! Peggy, if you can't tell already, is Ryan's Mom. She is one amazing woman. She is defintely a hard one to measure up to. She has it together, for sure. She is very generous. She has style, grace, beauty and such a sweet spirit. I am grateful to have a mother-in-law as dedicated as she is to her family and especially to her grandchildren. She has been known to pick up my girls and take them out shopping or have sleepovers. She was right there for me when Dad died and watched my kids for a couple weeks while we traveled for his memorial services. For that, I will forever be grateful. Right now Peggy and Jim are in Brasil serving a temple mission. They will return May of 2009 (just in time for Brooklyn's baptism). My kids miss them tremendously, but are lucky enough to chat with them via email and through Skype via webcam. We are thankful for their dedication to the work and the example they are setting for our family.
For Family Home Evening last night we sat down and the kids drew her a card for her birthday which I am emailing.

Nana and Flat Stanley
Brooklyn sent Flat Stanley to Brasil for a school project and Nana and Papa both took turns taking pictures and even sent some replica $ to show the class.




2 comments:
Ryan's mom seems like such a sweetheart. I too was impressed when she stepped in for you last year. And you can tell how much your girls love her as well. Happy Birthday to her!!
I love when you have a new post.
Happy Birthday Ryan's mom! (Does she read this blog?) I have only met her twice (can you meet someone twice?) Once at your house (while she was playing with Brooklyn) when I came over after your dad died. And then one other time at your fun PF Chang's party. She is very nice and is so refined for having raised FOUR boys. Ryan looks SO much like her. How could she NOT be a good MIL, since you are the best DIL on the planet. I love the pictures, especially Reagan's handwriting. She's well advanced for her age.
I love seeing pics of Brazil, as my brother is serving there now and Mike served there (too long ago.) It would be fun for you and Ryan to go and "get" them. I hear the country is incredible.
Post a Comment