Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hobby Heaven

(this is not the Arizona location)


Recently, I was driving along and what to my wondering eyes did appear (cue the angels singing)...HOBBY LOBBY! I was so stinkin' excited. I got on the phone and called my sister immediately. My first trip to a Hobby Lobby was on a trip to North Carolina to visit my sister. We went there to look for some home decor and project supplies because she asked me to help her with decorating her room. I was so bummed they didn't have them here in AZ. Now, there will be one some what close and there will be one more place I will be addicted to going to!

Ever been to a Hobby Lobby? If not, you are missing out! Hobby Lobby, of course, sells crafts supplies. They have everything you need to craft with, but they also offer home decor and accessories. I love Micheals and they carry some of the same items, but Hobby Lobby has more decor and just more selection.

I liked shopping there because everything is grouped into its kind by themes or like items. Each week Hobby Lobby has a new specials sheet that lists all the items they have on sale. For example, on any given week all the metal accents will be 50% off, all candle holders 50% off, all pillows, quilts and throws 50% off, all lamps and lamp shades 50% off, all framed art 50% off, and so on. If you are a patient decorator you can save a lot of money this way by waiting for the sale week. All you have to do is check the flyer each week (which you can do online) to see what the specials are. If there's something on sale in the category you are wanting, go save money! You can also sign up for the email list and you will receive the flyer in your email each Sunday night that you can print out if you want. There's also a coupon each week (like Michaels offers) that you can print out and use. Usually it's for 40% off one item, but sometimes it will be a certain percentage off a particular item.

Weekly specials begin on Mondays. They are closed on Sundays because it is a Christian owned company and the owner decided to have all his stores closed on Sunday so that employees could be free to attend worship services and spend time with their families.

There is one here in Arizona already over in Avondale that Ryan has banned me from going to because of the distance. Hello, Avondale! But, the one out here will be opening this year . For some reason I thought it was at Signal Butte. But, the website says it is located at 1835 S. Greenfield Road in Mesa. I will do some investigating when I am out that direction.

Oh, the crafting I will do and the $$$ I will blow!

Check them out:
http://www.hobbylobby.com/

1 comment:

Katie said...

How fun! I can't wait to check it out sometime too. Sounds like a great place.
Thanks for the tip :o)