Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Brookie!

Happy 7th Birthday, Brooklyn Ryleigh Woods

Oh how I love my Brooklyn. I can't believe that she is turning 7 today. I remember when this little fuzzy haired thing came into the world. She was my easiest delivery and I didn't gain any extra pregnancy weight with her (for that she holds a special place in my heart-ha!).

When she was little she had the cutest cheesiest grin that was so contagious and those sad puppy dog eyes that got you every time.



Brooklyn was and still is my best sleeper. She was sleeping through the night at 3 weeks old and when she was a bit older would shake her crib when she wanted to take a nap. She still gets so sleepy and will just head to bed when she is "done". She also has a dark side when she is waken before she is ready or has not had enough sleep.

Brooklyn loves her sisters in spite of what she might tell you. Kristen and Brooklyn were SO close when they were younger. Now, they have to work at being close. Brooklyn is a great big sister and is always playing with Aubrin and Reagan. She is VERY helpful when she decides to be and enjoys changing diapers.



Brooklyn is soft hearted and is timid in public. She had the hardest time going to Kindergarten. It was seriously traumatic for her. The tears, the grasping to Mom's leg...the whole bit! The teacher even had to introduce the "safe place" in her classroom early because Brooklyn needed a place to go and cry. She has grown up alot in the last year. She still has her days (namely when Katelynn is late to school and she thinks she will not be there), but she has shown leaps and bounds difference since then.


She might be shy and timid in public, but at home she is a total GOOF! I find the craziest pictures she has taken on my camera when I am downloading them. She makes crazy faces and does this guitar thing with her hands and does this dance that makes me laugh every time.


Brooklyn loves her BEST FRIEND Katelynn Murset. To think that twin day in kindergarten would spark a frenzy of matching outfits. They are closer than any kids I have ever known. They just don't get tired of each other. They would be together 24/7 if we would allow it. They share the same birthday month so they are even able to share in each others birthday celebrations and last year we were able to give them a joint birthday party. I am so grateful she has found that closeness with Katelynn. They are really special little ladies!



Brooklyn, I am sure if Daddy would dig deep inside and allow himself to express himself he would tell you just how much you mean to him and how happy he is to have you as a daughter. But, since I am his emotional interpreter..I want you to know that this is true.

I am one blessed Mom to have Brooklyn as my daughter. As much as she throws her strong willed ways at me sometimes, she throws that much and more back to me in happiness. I look at her and I am in aw of her beauty. I thank my Heavenly Father for sending me this sweet beautiful little soul.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn! This post is so sweet. You really are such a great girl and we are grateful to be a part of your life!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Brookie! You look so cute in this post of your birthday. Love, Katelynn

Anonymous said...

I think you are on to something with the whole "emotional interpreter."

She looks so much like little Reagan in the pic with the red bandana's. I have always thought of her has so darn beautiful. She was such a cute little thing! I love her hair when she was born (and your description of her!)

Where did you learn to do those aprons? They are so cute! Teach me, I would love to do some for my kids, they are ALWAYS in the kitchen with me.

About doing stuff... are you serious? I am not a fun person. I am loving this whole new anti-blogger, anti-social thing I have going for me. I am going to see just how lonely I can get before this baby is born. Wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

Silly me! I didn't even mention anything about my MOST fav pic! Her sleeping on the couch, for some reason that one made me laugh out loud. I want to eat her little feet. She looks like a doll someone left there.

(Is it me or have you noticed it too, lately I have been wanting to eat your kids. Humm... I guess it's better than having a little girl want to eat you! Which is still so creepy...)