Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April's Fool


{April Fool's Day Joke Gone Bad}

Today
at school Aubrin had "Backwards Day" in honor of April Fool's Day. She wore all her clothes backwards, her shoes on the wrong feet, backpack in the front and walked into school backwards. She thought it was hilarious.

As I do most every school day, I ran some errands while I was on that side of town. When I was checking out, there was a sweet little old lady in front of me and when it was her turn at the cashier, she rudely stated, "This will be the last time I buy a thing here!" The cashier was so shocked that she was speechless. After a short pause, the little lady said in the nicest voice, "because when I come in here for one thing, I come out with alot more." and then she giggled and said, "April Fool's!". It was so funny to see the reaction of the cashier and I have to admit the little lady had me going too.

When I picked up Aubrin from school, she walked over to me kinda slumped over and told me she got a yellow light (warning). I said, "What for? What did you do?" She squealed, "April Fool's!" To think my little 4 year old totally had me going too. I am quite the gullible one! She was quite the actress with her slouching shoulders and sad voice.

I have yet to pull off an April Fools joke. I would love to get Ryan. He is so hard to fool. Plus, I think he would be expecting it! Anyone else pull of any good ones or witness any?

2 comments:

Katie said...

Seriously, Aubrin is SO cute! To even add the "actions" to her joke. She is a pro!!
And that story of the lady was so funny. I would have laughed out loud. Too fun!
Thanks for having the kids over!!

kh said...

SO??? How did it all go?

I did my own version of the joke here at our house and guess what? The stinker Mike had a headache!

Go figure.