Tuesday, April 22, 2008

10% Body Weight

I was talking to a friend about how frustrated I was today. This was the first week I was really disappointed in the lack of weight change on the scales. I just know how hard I worked this week and to not see a difference in #'s was really a downer to me. I know muscle weighs more than fat...blah! blah! blah! But, I can't be at this # forever!!! She said, "Erin you should set your goal to 10% of your body weight. That should be your first major goal and then another 10% and so on." I told her that I have already passed and exceeded that first 10% goal. I never really looked at it that way, I was just wanting to see a certain # on the scale (which I still want to see!). But, it gave me a new perspective on this. So, maybe things should shift. Although, when I hit that original goal I am going to be absolutely thrilled, maybe I just needed to set more realistic ones. I suppose I need to give myself a little more credit than I have been giving myself.

1st Major goal of 10% body weight was hit about 4 weeks ago!
2nd Major goal of 10% body weight: 3 pounds lost, 17 more to go!

To think my next goal which I thought was a pound and half away has now turned into 17 pounds, kind of stinks, but in the long run I need to think that I ALREADY am on my way to the second big milestone.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Look at that, see all your hard work and you are well on your way to meeting your second goal :o)
What a great idea!!

Thanks for letting me vent today. You are such a good friend!!

Katelynn let me know there are only 4 more days...

kh said...

Good job Erin. 10% is huge. You will meet your goal and come December (or whenever your final weigh-in is) you will look amazing.

How is your knee doing?

I loved your "minnie mouse" outfit today. You dress so cute.