Thursday, March 27, 2008

Su"burb"ia

I live in my Suburban. I might need to add a mini cooler and hot plate. There just aren't many days where I am not in it. There is always some place to be.

Well, lately I have had really severe pains shooting through my head (specifically my left temple). It was not just normal headache pains, but a feeling I hadn't experienced. A stop you in your tracks kind of pain. It has been going on for close to a week. I dismissed it because of lack of sleep, stress, etc. Everyone I talk to tells me I should go have it checked out (my grandmother passed away from a brain aneurysm). Even though all things point to the fact that I should head straight to the MD, I am one to hold out on going to the doctor. I am always afraid I am being a hypochondriac and that when I am at the doctor's office they will look at me like I am a lunatic and tell me something as simple and silly as "you wear your ponytail too tight". So, I decided to take another approach first.




I headed to the optometrist to see if my eyes were contributing to any of this hoopla, even though I felt like I could see really well. So, over to Nationwide we went this morning and had my first eye check since those good old nurse checks in school. I am officially blind! No, not really. I actually have pretty good eye site, but she said that I need glasses for driving (see, now I have an excuse for missing my turns. I always thought that was because I was blabbing my mouth. Okay, so maybe it is both ). So, I will be sporting some glasses, day (I have handy little clip on shades) and night in Su"burb"ia . I am hopeful that once I get my prescription in, that this will cure the head issues. If for some reason it doesn't, then I will give in and make myself an appointment at the MD.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Good luck! I sure hope this is the answer. And you really should have brought the girls over while you went. Keep us posted!

Katie said...

Love that joke!! Happy Friday...we survived the week :)

kh said...

Are you kidding! Me too! It's been this very strange and extememly painful "headache" I've had now for the past three days. It's all I can do but shoot at nail gun into my forehead. I've had this before and it's just gone away on it's own, but now you have me worried!

I hope you feel better and get this thing figured out!