Thursday, March 27, 2008

Trashy

Ryan is a great helper around the house, especially the last few days as I have been consumed by various responsibilities. With that said, there is one thing that we have had many "discussions" about. Something that is hard for me to understand. Something that is rubbing off on his daughters.

I can't tell you how many times I come into the kitchen and there is garbage (Recycle, wrappers, etc.) sitting on the countertop. Why Erin, what is the big deal? The trash can sits right beside it and the recycle bin is 5 feet away!! Come on, the trash can is right there and please take the extra 5 steps to throw out the recycle. Use your foot, open the lid and throw in. Easy, right? Apparently, this is a challenge for my family!

The other night we sent one of the kids, okay, it was Aubrin, into throw a water bottle in the recycle can that is located in the laundry room and this is what I found:



2 comments:

Katie said...

I am laughing so hard right now. That joke is HILARIOUS!!
I love this story of Aubrin. Something Kaylee would do for sure. It's much easier to fit it into a pocket than to have to step on the pedal to open the lid :0)
Thanks again for the break last night!! And everyone was even asleep by the time I went in. Bonus!!!

kh said...

Oh hell! (Can I say that on your blog?) There must be an epidemic of kids, husbands and trash! I am so happy when they kids get their trash within a mile radius of the can. And when I ask Mike to take it out, it's just the one. HELLO! We have more than one that needs emptying! Marcor resorts to putting all his "trash" under his bed! Then I find it when I make it. Argh. It's annoying.

But this picture is laugh out loud cute! She's lucky it fit so nicely! :0)