Saturday, March 1, 2008

Signs..Signs...Everywhere Signs

So, I got my creative juices flowing and I decided to break out the Mod Podge and craft it up today. I am always excited to complete a project. These projects today were for my sister Beth.

Project #1

I first worked on her St. Patty's sign. Sometimes it is just too hard to find cute things for those not so big holidays. As a matter of fact, they can be kinda cheesy and cheap looking. I especially found this with Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day and the 4th of July. Since I was having such a rough time finding anything I liked, I decided to just start making them myself. I have made these for various other holidays and I like to place them in a pot outside my door. This one I like to call "Pot Luck"-Bah Dun Bum!




Project #2

Beth has wanted something for a narrower wall in her kitchen and since I had Mod Podged my girls names in their rooms (picture below of Aubrin's), we decided to go with the word "EAT" in her corresponding kitchen colors even though the word "ERIN" was seriously crossing my mind. But since I am in my kitchen enough, I thought I didn't need to be in hers too, so we went with the original game plan. I can't wait to see it hung in her kitchen.


(she plans to hang it horizontal)

2 comments:

kh said...

Ha ha! I think you should have gone with Erin. That would have been clever.

I think they are so cute. I think you need to start making them by the bundle and selling them as a "set," for all those not so popular holidays. I would totally buy them. I know I wouldn't be the only one. Seriously, think about it. You do such cute work. (Heck, I am such a flake with projects like this, would you do the entire calendar of holidays for me???)

Katie said...

I'm with Kristen, I would love to have these too! It's so fun to come by and see what fun new sign you have by the door :)

Thank you for having Katelynn over. She of course had a wonderful time!!