Saturday, March 1, 2008

"Orange" you just the Sweetest

My daughter Kristen Paige and I took a little bike ride around the neighborhood and so we decided to swing by the Hansen's to return the clothes that Aubrin borrowed this past week on her play date with Mati.

How lucky were we to return home with bagfuls of citrus (two kinds of grapefruit, two kinds of oranges and the largest lemons I have ever set my eyes upon). Seeing as we were on bikes I am sure it was quite the sight to see us peddling away with 6 bags full. Thank you Kristen for not documenting this lovely event with photos. When we got home we immediately had an orange and a grapefruit. Later we made some orange juice for the next morning and lemonade which went perfect with dinner as we BBQ'd out.


Thank you Hansen's for sharing!

2 comments:

kh said...

Oh my heck! Well aren't you just the busy bee! I have to say you are much more proactive with your citrus than I ever am with mine. When we are lucky enough to have fresh squeezed, it's because Mike did it, not me. I have just enough talent (with citrus) to peel it and serve it to my kids.

I am glad you took it and enjoyed it!

Katie said...

Thank you for sharing with us as well! My kids are loving eating the citrus.