Monday, March 3, 2008

FHE Fun

It is Monday and the thoughts of Family Home Evening are on my mind. What do we do this week? We have had some fun nights recently. We of course had the opportunity to go to the Temple Visitors Center to see the "Reflections of Christ" Exhibit and then the week before that we went with my friend Cristi and her daughter Mary out to Usery Pass to roast marshmallows and have S'mores. We had a really fun time and was a great idea-Thanks Critti!

The Woods Clan (Thanks Brookie for the bunny ears)

Cristi and Mary

From left: Aubrin, Mary, Kristen, Brooklyn Reagan & Katelynn

I have really enjoyed Family Home Evening as my kids are getting a tad older and they get so excited to have it. Even if it is a lesson and I am just reading a story or talking about a specific subject. You can tell that it means so much to them to have that family time. Looking back I remember those times when we had FHE growing up. Inevitably it always ended with a prayer that someone accused someone of opening their eyes during (which we still do now when we are all together-Ha!). Now that I have a family of my own it has really come important to me to have some type of activity or lesson where we just have time together. A time that we set aside to teach them some gospel principles or just to have plain fun.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Look at you taking such fun pictures! I'm glad that your 5th daughter was able to be in it too :o) I'm so glad that they have each other, it's so great!

I too am trying to get some inspiration on the family needs for the night. We have Scott's baseball practice at 5:30 and sadly, that may be it for us tonight. How lame am I? Hopefully I can come up with a little more. Wish me luck!!

kh said...

We love Usery Pass! It's nice to live so close to the "wilderness" as Marcor calls it.

Looks like fun!