Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Joke of the Day

I can still see him laughing at jokes and slapping his knee. My Dad made you laugh by just hearing him laugh. My brother Jimmy is that way. Watching a movie with him is the best. I love it!

Countless times we would get calls from Dad just to share a joke. He would always start out the conversation with, "Joke of the Day". He ran freight after he retired and would call us when he heard something on the radio or when he heard one worth telling. It is nice to get an occasional call from my brother Jared now with jokes. It reminds me of what Dad would do and makes it feel like the tradition lives on.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I LOVE this Erin!! What a great idea! That joke is great too. So funny :0)
I love the love that you have for your Dad! It's so sweet and touching. And I can completely relate.