Friday, March 7, 2008

Hair Today...Gone Tomorrow

Although everyone tells you to cherish those times and "Don't rush their raisin'". I don't necessarily want my kids to grow up per say, but I am ready for that stage where they do their own hair and the stage where I can go out and I don't have to pay a babysitter. The savings! Oh, and did I mention diapers! I have been buying diapers for 9 years. Yes, you read that right, 9 years! Should have bought stock in it and I am thinking about stock in feminine products as well, as that is what my future holds with my girls.

This morning when I was getting the girls ready for school I realized that Kristen is approaching that stage. She is so tall. I know I am so short and that this is not saying much, but my 9 year old is almost as tall as I am. I can barely do her hair anymore. She might have to resort to getting on her knees so I can reach it. She will be 10 in October, not anywhere near babysitting age but I am holding out for the hair thing.

Doing 5 heads of hair a day gets tiring. Have you noticed my frumpy hair? I usually do mine last, so I sport the pony tail quite often. I am so not creative with my girls hair either as just getting all their heads done before we get out the door is a major accomplishment.

I love all stages of my kids and I am learning to appreciate it, but I am looking forward to the "do your own hair" stage, the "I am such a big girl and can go in the big potty" stage and "Why Mother, I would love to watch the kids to save you money" stage.

4 comments:

Katie said...

When I first read the title, I thought maybe you'd had a scissor "mishap". Whew!!
I really need some photography lessons! I LOVE this picture of Kristen!! She's so cute and really growing up!
I hear you on the hair thing! I don't feel that I am creative either, but hey at least we put effort in...right??
As for you -- PUH-lease!! You are SO cute, always dress SO cute, have the greatest shoes and accessories, and SUCH cute clothes! And you pass that along to your girls! I love seeing your finds. So fun!!

kh said...

"Why Mother, I would love to watch the kids to save you money."

FREAKIN' HILARIOUS!

I am so for "girls being bald."

kh said...

Okay, your "Joke of the Day" is great!

Katie said...

Love the new look!!