I think we had a good time. Ryan really wanted to see a movie and although that is not a real creative thing to do, we decided to hit one. We really haven't gone out to a "big kid" movie in awhile. I have taken the kids to movies, but on the most part we just wait until they come on DVD. We saw Vantage Point and we really thought it was good. The reviews on it were not great, but I think this is one of those times they were a bit off. I do have to say there was a car chase scene that was a little hoakie. That is not saying much though because most movies have a few of those "whatever" moments. All in all though we recommend! It was entertaining.After the movie went over to Logan's Roadhouse. We had never been there befo
re and thought we would try something new. Since we hit it after the Matinee movie there was a short wait which was a major plus. Ryan had the ribs and I had Porkies. Funny name for some yummy little sandwiches. It was pulled pork with coleslaw on their delish yeast rolls. It was so good. I would go back there just to have those again.
Then we headed over to Marshalls and looked around. Next, what date of ours would not be complete without a Wal-mart run (I did just run in to grab one thing-progress)?
re and thought we would try something new. Since we hit it after the Matinee movie there was a short wait which was a major plus. Ryan had the ribs and I had Porkies. Funny name for some yummy little sandwiches. It was pulled pork with coleslaw on their delish yeast rolls. It was so good. I would go back there just to have those again.Then we headed over to Marshalls and looked around. Next, what date of ours would not be complete without a Wal-mart run (I did just run in to grab one thing-progress)?
It was really nice to get out and have time to chat and just enjoy one another. The only part about going out that totally stinks is paying for a babysitter. We spent almost the same amount on a babysitter as dinner and a movie. This is one of those times I am in a hurry for Kristen to grow up.


2 comments:
I know what you mean about being acxious for your oldest to be "of age" to babysit. I think though I might have to wait until Mati is old enough, I don't dare leave them with Marcor! (does that sound bad?)
Mike and I LOVE a movie and dinner. Those are our best nights out! Yeah for rocking his world. Did you ever really doubt you couldn't???
I babysat at 9! These days you could get thrown in jail for leaving a kid that age babysitting. Kids are so different, so I don't think that sounds bad at all. There are some adults I would question with my children! Really though, even if we don't want to make an official date night swap yet, call me when you and Mike want to go out and save the babysitting $$$.
Post a Comment