February 2nd Reagan Reese turned two! I can't believe it! She is textbook "terrible two's" I really didn't experience that with my other girls this early, they hit the terribles more in the 3's. Reagan is curious as is most kids this age. She loves getting into things and prefers to pour them out when she does. She also likes to draw and paint...herself! Note: white out is hard to remove from skin and toenails. Despite all the messes and the infamous word "mine" she is a special little girl. She makes me smile. Whenever you get home from anywhere she acts like you have been gone forever and the greeting is priceless. She likes the phone and the newest thing is bringing the phone to me and saying, "I huhyo"(mom translation "I want to say hello"), but when she gets on the phone she always just says, "Hi!" She loves when her sisters get home from school and she follows them and does and says the exact same things they do. She is funny. I love when she scrunches up her face and smiles and because of her father hums the theme to JAG. She is two and humming television theme songs! She is a beautiful girl and I am blessed to have such a sweet little spirit in my life.
Reagan also shares a birthday with my Grandma Jenny (Mary Virginia). She is my Dad's mom. She lives in West Virginia and is who I go visit when I can. She is a retired nurse of which she became when my grandfather passed away 32 years ago. I always thought that was great that she decided to get her degree after her 6 boys were older (some which were married and had their own kids) and after her husband had passed.
I spent some of my summers there with her growing up. I loved to go there. First of all it was beautiful and I just had a good time running around with friends. She worked at a nursing home and was gone during the days and I would just run the streets until she got home (very small town). She would take me to the Farmer's Market and she would always give me a bag to fill up with candy. Even now if you go to the Farmer's Market with her she tells you to get a bag!
When I think of my Grandma Jenny, my first thought is strength. Any woman that can raise 6 boys, work a farm, lose a husband, become a nurse and lose two sons to death is a tough cookie and I admire and love her deeply for that.


1 comment:
What a sweet post Erin! I don't know your Grandmother, but she sounds amazing. And Reagan is a doll. Thank you for letting Katelynn be a part of her party. You made her week!
Post a Comment