Today is my Mom's 57th birthday! I was so grateful that I was able to fly out to Texas and spend the weekend with her. We had a good time together hanging out. We always have a good time when we are together. It is easy to though. Everyone that meets my Mom just loves her. She is outgoing and loves to laugh. She has always been great with kids...well, she had the 6 of us. Now that we are out of the house and some of us are having kids, all the grandkids are drawn to her. When we went last summer to Texas, Brooklyn was attached to her at the hip. She would even help my Mom get ready for bed. She would brush her teeth, floss, put her nightgown on her and by the time we left Brooklyn knew what medicine she needed and would lay them out for her. My Mom can do all this on her own (all though she would joke that she felt she was in a nursing home), but that is what is so great. She will play along with the kids. She is always down on the floor playing games, reading books or playing cars. She is always sending my kids little packages with fruit snacks and pencils and all sorts of goodies. The kids love when her packages come and they know it is from her because she plasters the boxes with stickers. She is just as wonderful a grandma as a mother.
Mom has been unbelievably strong this past year with the loss of my Dad. She is dealing with it well. To lose your love of 37 years has to be the hardest thing to go through. I feel for her and it makes me sad to not be around on a regular basis to hang out with her.
I am a blessed woman to have the mother that I do and I love her deeply!


3 comments:
Wow Erin. I don't know your mother, but that post was moving. You are fortunate to have a close relationship with her.
10 pounds? Yippee! That is fantastic news! If you did that every month, come December you'll have to dance in the shower just to get wet!
I am so glad you had a fun (quick) trip to Texas. I saw Ryan at the baptisms on Sat ALL ALONE with the girls. I was impressed. All he said was, Erin better just get back. What a stud!
Thanks for the words of encouragement.
I am a lucky girl to have a relationship with my mother like I do and to have had one with my Dad that was great too. You aren't aware that some people just don't have that in their lives and that makes me sad.
Ryan is a trooper. He says it is easy (in that case I will have to make more weekend trips) :)
That was such a sweet post to your Mom. She sounds great! Katelynn is the same way with my mom as you said Brookyln was with her. So cute!
Congrats on the weight loss! That is great!!
Post a Comment