Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break {Day FOUR}


Today was fun! We took a road trip to Tucson with a group of friends. Ryan was able to meet up with us since he was already in Tucson working, so it was a great surprise to have him with us for the day.

We headed to Reid Park Zoo first. I really enjoyed this Zoo. I had never been there, but had heard great things about it. It is not huge, but the animals are close and we were able to see everything. Phoenix Zoo is not my favorite. Every time I head to Texas, we always hit the Ft. Worth Zoo. That is another Zoo I really enjoy.

After taking out a second mortgage on our home to pay for the lunch and souvenirs at the Zoo, we went to Colossal Cave just outside of Tucson. It is a dormant cave but the rock formations were amazing and it was really cool to be in the "bat cave" (I told Ryan to leave his tights and cape at home). The views were beautiful and we all enjoyed each others company and the tour.

Day {FOUR} of Spring Break ROCKED!


5 comments:

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

What a cute family picture!You guys are all so photogenic. I love that Gavin is old enough to enjoy the zoo now and actually know what most of the animals are. You look great!

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

too Fun!!! I love going to our zoo! And short road trips i enjoy too.

Katie said...

I'm so glad that you guys could make it. And even better that Ryan was able to join us :)

You have some great pictures!! I need to get those.

kh said...

That's fun Erin. We really like the Tucson zoo too. Sad that SB is now over, it went too fast.

Jacey said...

Looks like you guys all had a great time! Wish Spring Break was 2 weeks!