Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Snow" Way!

Snow in the Valley!! Only in Arizona, when people in other parts of the US are experiencing blizzards and power outages, do we bring a truck in so the kids can get a small taste of it!

Today was Aubrin's Snow Day at school. Each year as they talk about winter and weather, they bring in a truck that sprays snow out for the kiddos to play in. It is actually pretty cool that the kids get to experience it. My kids, along with most kids here, do not really know what it is like. Some had never even seen snow. Reagan and I headed to the school to catch Aubrin's excitement.

Waiting for the truck to arrive

I got a kick out of the truck. "Snow for Arizona"



Reagan freaking out because the truck was loud. She is scared to death of loud trucks and machinery. Every Wednesday when the trash man comes she hides.



What snow experience would be complete without a snow angel ?


Building a snowman

On the drive home, I was chatting with her about how much fun she had. She thought it was too cool. She told me that she had even eaten some of the snow. I said, "Ew, Aubrin, all the kids were stepping in that and it wasn't clean, now you are going to get diarrhea!" and this is the reaction I got:


She also handed me her cap and nestled inside was a snow ball. She wanted to bring it home to show her daddy. She has already checked on it a couple times in the freezer.

8 comments:

kh said...

That's cute I am glad she had a good time Love the snow angel Love the face

Brad's Mom said...

Your girlies are so beautiful, just like their momma.

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

I love this post. Too cute. You know if your girls want snow just tell them to come hang at my house, then they will be begging to go home! :) What a fun idea. Maybe at the school here we should have a truck deliver sunshine and warmth from Arizona!

Katie said...

How fun! I had every intention of going today. But I got sick during the night. I have been in bed all day. Poor Kay's, no snow day post.

I'm glad you went and that Aubrin had fun!!

Missy said...

How fun is that? instant snow, no mess, no cold, just plain fun!

Lisa said...

Oh Fuddy!!! What would I do without my regular Fuddy laugh! She is hilarious. Tate reminds me so much of her. And poor little Reagan, I only wish Tate was afraid of SOMETHING!!! Instead he embraces everything head on! What great kids you have!

nicole said...

i love aubrin's face in the last pic! she is too funny :o) i love that she checked on her snowball. kids do the funniest things!

{jennifer} said...

How fun for your girlies!!! This is my kind of way to experience snow - you get to play in it in the 70 degree weather:)