Saturday, November 1, 2008

A {GrAvE} Discovery

Okay, so it isn't really a discovery. Candy is of the devil! I know that is why they give it out on Halloween. It is pure evil!! I am really struggling here. I did get up this morning and told myself that today I would NOT eat any..not even a nibble. So far, as long as I do not wake up tonight with night sweats having heavy withdrawls, I will have succeeded! Pray for me!

Now, on to the HaLlOwEeN pictures...


Ward Trunk-or-Treat


I do not officially know what Reagan was. She called herself a "spider princess" because her costume had a big spider on the wings and spiders on the tutu. We will go with that.


Aubrin was a black cat.


Kristen was a hippie.


Brooklyn was a witch.


Brooklyn in the parade at school. She wouldn't stop for a photo op.


One of the houses in my sister's neighborhood. They were animated. The guy in front pounded his head on the bars and behind him (can't see it-shot this from the car) there is a person performing surgery.




Over the top, hands down, the best house we have ever trick-or-treated to. This place was amazing and the pictures do not do it justice. Even the garage was filled with a pirate scene and had black lighting. At night, it was like walking up to a movie set. The candy was given in a big treasure chest. There was music, fog and the owners were all dressed up. The crowd outside this house was unreal. I was told that the display they did last year cost them $10,ooo and from what I hear this one was way more elaborate. So cool, looney bin crazzzy, but cool!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Cute little costumes and kiddos! Love em!

kh said...

Fun costumes! They all look really cute!

Okay that house is what my nightmares are made out of! I am such a wimp with stuff like that! Even when I know it's NOT real. Later when I am at home alone is when I see (that stuff) in my back yard or in my window! Halloween is not for cry babys like me.

But... what an awesome house. That must have taken a lot of time to do. All I did was a banner. Go me.

I will pray for you Erin. Put a cold compress on your forehead and all will be well. :0)

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Wow, next year I am coming with you to trick or treat.Cute costumes!

nicole said...

Your kids looked great in their costumes! Kristen made an awesome hippie :)
I am with Kristen, I am a wimp too! I would have run away from those houses as fast as my fat legs would take me :) Some people must have money to burn!!!

Katie said...

Looks like a fun neighborhood! Glad you had a good Halloween! And I agree about candy. I am ready to throw it all away.