Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Family Ties

My brother, Jared and Mom flew out here from Texas to visit. Jared was able to stay several days and Mom stayed the remainder of the week for our "Girl's Trip" to West Virginia . It had been close to 5 years since Jared has been out here to Arizona and about 9 months since I saw him last. I was so thrilled to have him come to visit. He is hilarious, loving and I just love him.




Tomorrow Mom, Beth and I are headed to Pittsburgh. We are driving into Wheeling, WV to visit my Mom's family and then off to Davis, WV. This weekend in Davis it is the Leaf Peepers Festival and we are so excited for all the small town festivities and the changing leaves. Oh, it is absolutely breathtaking! It will be so nice to visit family and also to visit Dad's grave. It will be the first time back since the funeral.



This past Sunday, my niece Shelby who is 14 received her Young Womanhood Recognition. I am so proud of her for setting such a good example for my girls. She is a good girl! I am so proud of her.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I love these pictures! I am so glad that you are getting a break before Ryan heads out. Cna't wait to hear about your trip :)

*DeMeLo HaPpEnInGs* said...

Your mom is so beautiful and young. Have fun on your trip! Enjoy your time away.