Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Week 24 Weigh In



Well, it was inevitable and actually expected that I would have my first weight gain since January. On Sunday, I just couldn't wait any longer and just wanted to see how bad it got over the last few weeks. I have not got on my equipment in all that time and with family in, a trip to Seattle and a week long trip to Utah, I was really worried. I weigh in on Tuesdays and by Sunday, I couldn't wait to see how bad it got. I really needed to see and own up to what I did to my body this past few weeks, so I got on the scale. As of Sunday, I had gained 5.5 pounds. But, as of today, I am only up 1.5 pounds. It truly was less than I expected. I was thinking it would be far worse.

It is time again to switch focus and get in gear so I can make up for what I gained. It was a good three weeks of indulgences. So many indulgences as a matter of fact, that while in Seattle, one night after dinner, I was just sick! My three week diet and exercise hiatus included the following (it is a big surprise that I can even move):
  • Dinner and Pizookie at Oreganos
  • Dinner and Pizookie at BJ's
  • Pizza (several times)
  • Biscuits and gravy
  • A whole pigs worth of bacon
  • Birthday Cake
  • Caramels, caramal pecan clusters and peanut butter fingers from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
  • BYU Creamery Ice cream, a few times
  • Sodas, oh, the sodas! (They have been diet, all but the Red Cream Soda-but the sodium!)
  • Rice Crispy Treats
  • Brownie
  • Strawberry Cheesecake (2 times)
  • Skittles
  • Sour Patch Candy
  • Milky Way Caramels
  • Dark Chocolate Snickers
  • Pudding
  • Pineapple Upside Down Cake
  • PF Chang's
  • Twizzlers
  • Cinnamon hard candies
  • Chips Ahoy Cookies
  • Ivar's Fish and Chips (5 or 6 times in 3 days )
  • Chocolate filled crescents
  • Salt Water Taffy
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
  • Practically a whole bag of Cinnamon Sugared Almonds
  • Andes Mints
  • Dove Truffles
  • Cinnabon Cinnamon Roll
  • Milk Duds and Popcorn at the movies
  • M&M's
  • Chocolate covered Caramel Apple
  • Frosty
  • French Fries a few times
I am sure there is some I missed, but puh-lease, I am surprised that I didn't gain all my weight back. When I started listing things, I was disgusted just thinking about it. How gross is that? I think I inhaled a vat of sugar! I will go back and read this when I need a food check!! So, there it is. I am owning that 1.5 pounds! I deserve it with all the splurges. That puts my total weight loss to date at 31.5 pounds lost and 10 pounds to my second goal.

Vacation is over! I did get on the elliptical yesterday for an hour, did crunches, swam and did water exercises twice. It felt good. I am actually looking forward to getting myself back on track.

2 comments:

Katie said...

See, you are so focused and determined. I am proud of you for not getting down and seeing that it makes you want to work harder!!
You are such a great friend!!

kh said...

I have been waiting for your "results" since Sunday! I love your list of indulgences. Way to remember, I wouldn't have remembered them in such detail. But YUM! I love the BYU Creamery. I am glad you enjoyed that while you were there.

1.5 isn't so bad!