Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sweet Weekend

On Saturday, it was quite packed with places to go and things to do. Kristen had her ELP Project Fair in the morning. It was pretty cool to see the projects she has been working on and to see the future projects that she will have to do. I don't know if I am smart enough to have a smart kid. Holy smokes! It made me nervous for the future (Cue the Dad!). I am really proud of how hard she works! She really loves all aspects of school and I hope she continues to enjoy learning as much as she does!


In her ELP classroom


Kristen and Evin with their solar powered car.
It took 1st Place on the Smooth Surface Race.


Shadow Puppet Show they created

After the ELP Fair we did some grocery shopping and then we dropped Brooklyn off at a birthday party at Princess Palace. We seem to have a party every weekend (sometimes 2). We then dropped by Beth's to pick up Aubrin from her sleepover (Thanks Beth and Shelby for taking Fudd and spoiling her as always). After we let the kids swim for a few, we picked up Brooklyn and went home to get ready for a night out.

Ryan and I first stopped by a open house for his cousin, Brad who is leaving for his mission to Boise, Idaho. We were able to see family we hadn't seen in awhile and it was nice to catch up. We skipped out on food there for a much anticipated trip to PF Changs. This week with birthday lunches and dinners I ate more food than I could handle (we will see what that adds up to on the scale Tuesday-Oh, I am nervous!) and definitely I did not hold back when it came to food choices. Oh, yum and Oh, no! I had my fav, Chang's Spicy Chicken. I savored it!


We decided to do some browsing at Best Buy before we caught a movie (Thanks again to Beth for the tickets). We went to see Iron Man. I was not expecting to like it as much as I did. I am not a big comic book lover or Robert Downey Jr. fan, but it was done so well and he was cast perfect. The film was funny and really entertaining. I recommend!

Love this picture of Ryan as we were waiting
for the movie to start. He was all embarrassed
about taking the picture and about the flash. This
is the best I could get him to cooperate.

I have to give a big Shout out to my sweet friend Crit (Cristi). She is an angel for taking the kids. She was flat out amazing! We came home and the kids were fed, dishes done, they were bathed, kids nails painted, mother's day cards crafted, house tidied up and the kids asleep. Thanks for giving of your time to give me time away with Ryan. I love you!

This morning I was awakened by my kids expressions of "Happy Mother's Day!" (Aubrin even told Ryan Happy Mother's Day). Ryan got up and let me sleep an extra hour. He made breakfast for the family and when I walked out, this is what I found...


I try to go on bike rides with the kids, but I am always riding Kristen's and she has to ride Brooklyn's and it just wasn't working. Ryan took the girls out Wednesday while I was at Young Women's to go shopping for my birthday/Mom Day gift. He said the kids convinced him to get me this. They also gave me some CD's so I can download all my photos off of the computer. I love my family.

Well, year 31 has come to a close and 32 has crept up on me! I have some amazing people in my life who make me feel like a million bucks! I have friends and family who send kind words and encouragement and inspire me for good. I had a {SWEET} birthday and Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Wow! What a FUN-filled day. And that was SO sweet of your friend to watch the girls and clean up for you. What a birthday/MOther's day BONUS!!

You are doing so good on your diet and with so much to celebrate this week. You deserved it!!

kh said...

Indeed that is a SWEET ride Erin!